Chapter 11, Revelation: You've already killed me

{ a/n: It's been a while! Thanks for being patient! I'll try and upload weekly again but I'm really busy lately so I don't know if that will happen. So I don't know, I'm pretty proud of this chapter I guess, but maybe that's because it wasn't rushed like every other ahah. Enjoy! Thanks foor reading! }

Chapter eleven, Revelation: You've already killed me

I had once sat at a train station, four years ago, waiting for a sign. I didn’t know what the sign would make me do. Hell, I could’ve just as easily as jumped in front of a train that day than boarded one.

It was a rainy day in November and not even my human friends could’ve helped me. I think that was the day I realised that I was as insignificant as a doorframe.

Nothing was coming for me. No sign was going to tell me to do anything. I wasn’t special enough for that. No one needed me. Not the humans. Not my pack. No one. Not the queen. Not my parents.

And I didn’t know at that moment in time that I would be the cause of the war between werewolves. Remembering how I felt, I don’t know why I didn’t get on a train and run away. Actually, I didn’t know why I hadn’t thrown myself under the wheels.

I can’t remember what stopped me. Because if I was put in the same situation now I was sure that I would be gone within minutes. But I had sat there for hours, just thinking. I had watched millions of people walk past talking and frowning and doing things that normal people do.

They had families. They had reasons. They had lives. They had potential.

All I had was a pack and a constant reminder of my omega status.

But I was as insignificant as a doorframe.

I wasn’t really noticeable. I was useless really. I just held things up and slowed things down.

But you see, the war was an earthquake.

And significant things like vases or computers are damaged in earthquakes.

But I was doorframe.

People came to me. I protected them. I gave them hope. I was strong and I am strong, but it just takes an earthquake for anyone to realise it.

No, doorframes are not invincible, and I know that.

But I also know that I am going to stand tall until I am broken down.

The queen walked through the door.

“Dear,” She frowned, looking down at me. I bet I looked weak again; sprawled on the floor and looking up at the ceiling with tears in my eyes. “You remind me of someone.” She said suddenly, but I was unmoved by her. I just wanted to lie here.

I pretended she wasn’t there and carried on in my blank stare. I could feel her rolling her eyes.

“You remind me of me.” She said, and it was my turn to roll my eyes.

“Ah, yes, I remind you of a sly, ruthless, undying, unforgiving, child-murdering girl.” I replied, my voice soaked in sarcasm. I turned my head slightly so I could see her reaction. She stared back at me with her eyes narrowed. I had to hold back a laugh, she was easily insulted.

“Well, before I was immortal my hands were clean. I used to say what you’d say and I used to think like you’d think–”

“How do you know what I think?” I snapped. Not only was she a werewolf and immortal, now she was a mind-reader! She was just trying to get me to join her, right? That was what Phoenix said she was doing.