ch.17 - We Can Still Love On Jesus' Birthday

HIIIIII!!! Sowwy for not updating sooner, I slept like, 4 hours this week, so my brain wasn’t really up for it XD !

Buuuuuuut, I still managed to get something vaguely acceptable for you guys, so yeah, enjoy it!

Oh oh oh and VOTE FAN COMMENT GIVE YOUR LOOOOOVE!!! XD (reading would also be good :P )

(Haha, i just re-read the chapie and realized absolutely nothing happens XD )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Nick’s POV)

“Hey Nick, pass the salt, will ya?!”

My gaze was fixed on the plate of pancakes in front of me, trying to ignore the dull headache I was enduring and wondering if the pancakes would taste as good as Rain’s. Probably not. I wonder what he puts in there, some kind of secret ingredient that makes them taste heavenly. If I asked, he'd probably answer something like, “I put in the substance that’s all the proof of my love and desire for you. It would be a pleasure for me to let you taste straight from the source tonight.” I chuckled at the image, picturing Rain rolling his eyes exaggeratedly, a cocky smirk plastered on his face, his every word oozing sarcasm and mockery.

I was forced back to reality by a heavy, unidentified object that hit my face, which I later identified as a fork. I turned bewildered eyes to the culprit, who all but yelled at me,

“Jesus Christ, Nick, PASS THE FUCKING SALT!!!” screamed my beloved older brother. I threw it at him and that got him even more pissed than he already was. The Parkers in general are not very morning people.

“Are you freaking crazy?!!!” he shouted again.

“Hey, I’m not the one who threw a fork!! You could’ve made me blind like, FOREVER!!!”

“Yeah, well that’s what you get for going all mushy in your head and stop listening to your surroundings, fucktard!”

That was our way to show our love to each other. In all machoness.

Moving onto the next conversation, I hurried on eating a bit. Not that I didn't like family breakfast, it was actually one of my favourite moments on Christmas. When all of my dad’s side of the family sleeps over and we eat breakfast all together. I don’t get to see my cousins much, so it’s really one of the only times when we can have a blast between siblings.

Right after breakfast, I gathered up my courage and walked up to my parents, who were still sitting at the table.

“Umm, we’re not doing anything special for lunch right?” I asked cautiously.

“They eyed me suspiciously. “No we’re not, why?”

“Cause I’m going over at a friend’s house till late afternoon”

“Which friend?”

I gulped. “Rain.”

Their eyes went wide and it almost felt like they were going to pop out of their sockets. Before they could even start yelling again and screw the whole day for everyone, I cut them off and defended myself.

“Look, it’s Christmas, I don’t wanna get in another fight with you guys, I said I was gonna go to Rain’s, I made a promise, I'm gonna keep it. There’s no room for protest and all. I’ll be back for dinner, I promise.”

I looked at them with pleading eyes, inwardly begging them to let me go. I just had to see him today, and besides, the kids would be so sad if I didn't stop by.