THE STORY OF IBLIS (2)

أعوذُ بِٱللَّهِ مِنَ ٱلشَّيۡطَٰنِ ٱلرَّجِيمِ
"I seek refuge in Allah (SWT) from Shaytaan, the accursed"

"Bismi-llāhi r-ramāni r-raḥīm" meaning "In the name of  God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful"

- Previously in the part one :

"And now something had come up which he has never anticipated and all of sudden he started feeling something really strange coming out."

It was the jealousy. So my brothers and sisters, you need to be very careful about jealousy that's a very harmful disease.

*Here's the thing: Iblis could've control it but he let it take over and consume him

Jealousy began, you can imagine it guys; jealousy firing up, jealousy over jealousy.

Because when Allah (SWT) said:" Indeed, I will make upon the earth a successive authority." [Chapter Surah Al Baqarah 2:30- Quran].

Iblis got really happy because he knew that the Angels will not be the one who are going to rule the Earth, if there's anyone who's going to rule the Earth, it'd perhaps be among the Jinns. So when Allah's decision was not to chose a "Khalifah" among the Jinns and He wanted to Create a new creation, this really shocked Iblis; because all these years Iblis worshipped Allah (SWT) and had been so good was only because Iblis wanted power, he wanted prestige he wanted to be in charge of the Earth, and perhaps going to be sent as a messenger.

So this new creation really made Iblis jealous, and he's like "Man, I've been here for thousands of years, hundreds of years, worshipping from one heaven to another heaven, I did all of that, everything I did for this God; all the efforts I put, the sweat I had. And in the end His new creature is gonna become the next leader on the Earth, and I'm nothing man, I'm nothing, I don't deserve anything."  You guys can imagine the feelings that were going in Iblis. Jealousy completely consumed him.

So Iblis went to look at this creature and he saw it. It didn't look too impressive to him; it made of clay so it was dark in colour because there was no soul in it, it was just simple clay...

He tapped it and kicked it and it made a ringing sound; he was able to flow through it because he was created from a less dense material which is flames of fire, so he was able to flow through this body. Iblis found (as in the Hadith) that we were hollow, so he concluded that we were a weak creature.

Anas ibn Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

"When Allah formed Adam in Paradise, He left him as long as He willed to leave him. Satan (Iblis) walked around him, looking to see what he was. When he saw that he was hollow, he knew that was created such that he could not control himself." Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2611
Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Muslim

As time went, Allah (SWT) left the body of Adam (As) like that and every time Iblis looked at it, he felt fear a bit. Looking at a dead body is quite frightening isn't it? Well imagine seeing something like that, when Iblis saw it he was frightened but he's trying to beat his fear at the same time by saying 'I'm better than you...you're not gonna be better than me"

Now the Angels on the other hand were just fearful that God get displeased with them, this is different to Iblis. He's like jealousy "You're not gonna be better than me...I'm better than you...what's so special about you? I will always be God's favourite and I'm gonna do everything about it to be that way."

So he let the jealousy taking over him, and this jealousy developed more and more and turned into proudness, arrogance...

So after Allah (SWT) Created Adam (As) and put the soul into him, He instructed the Angels to prostrate before Adam. Let me clarify, that prostration was not to worship him, but only in order to recognize and to acknowledge his status.

"وَإِذْ قُلْنَا لِلْمَلائِكَةِ اسْجُدُواْ لآدَمَ فَسَجَدُواْ إِلاَّ إِبْلِيسَ أَبَى وَاسْتَكْبَرَ وَكَانَ مِنَ الْكَافِرِينَ"

And [mention] when We said to the angels, "Prostrate before Adam"; so they prostrated, except for Iblis. He refused and was arrogant and became of the disbelievers. [Chapter Surah Al Baqarah 2:34- Quran].

All the Angels prostrated immediately all, except Iblis.

قَالَ يَا إِبْلِيسُ مَا مَنَعَكَ أَنْ تَسْجُدَ لِمَا خَلَقْتُ بِيَدَيَّ"

So [Allah] said:"O Iblis, what prevented you from prostrating to that which I created with My hands? [Chapter Surah Sad 38:75- Quran].

Then guess what Iblis replied?

قَالَ أَنَا خَيْرٌ مِنْهُ ۖ خَلَقْتَنِي مِنْ نَارٍ وَخَلَقْتَهُ مِنْ طِينٍ"

He said, "I am better than him. You created me from fire and created him from clay." [Chapter Surah Sad 38:76- Quran].

So Iblis said "I'm better than him, you created me from fire and he's from dust, he's from rubbish. How can I prostrate to him? He must prostrate to me!" SoubhannAllah! Can you imagine this? Imagine disobeying Allah (SWT) directly to his face! He was proud and arrogant, he was full of arrogance, May Allah please forgive us

*TAKE NOTE: Iblis chose to refuse, he actually objected. So you guys think that he couldn't, he could but Iblis consciously refused, it was a conscious refusal. And it is the same for us as human beings; we also have the choice; if we refuse doing something it's because we consciously chose not to do it. Be very careful when you make choices.

Iblis was very angry, he refused out of arrogance and he became from amongst those who were disbelievers. This was the first sin being committed against Allah (SWT).

Jazakullah khairan kaseera kaseera for reading. I hope you enjoyed. I shall see you in the next chapter Insha'Allah.
Fee Amani'Allah☺️❤️