Modesty & Shame.

In the name of Allah, The Beneficent The Most Merciful. 💕

As Salamu Aleykum Wa rahmatoulla Wa Baraqatuhu; I welcome you again to the program in which we continue to look at certain Islamic issues with some stories, hoping that we'd all seek knowledge Insha'Allah.

Another reminder for you, young folks in regards to the wretched evil of shamelessness. My aim for today is to remind you of how our society nowadays, and culture and most importantly the social media has the ability to desensitize our modesty and shame. And I also want to clarify that anytime any of us commit a shameful act, we must hasten to ask Forgiveness from Allah, because He is indeed the truly Forgiver.

May Allah (SWT) ان شاءالله Forgives us all. 💕

I'll start with this magnificent verse from the Surah [Al-Imran]

وَالَّذِينَ إِذَا فَعَلُوا فَاحِشَةً أَوْ ظَلَمُوا أَنفُسَهُمْ ذَكَرُوا اللَّهَ فَاسْتَغْفَرُوا لِذُنُوبِهِمْ وَمَن يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَلَمْ يُصِرُّوا عَلَىٰ مَا فَعَلُوا وَهُمْ يَعْلَمُونَ - [١٣٥]

And those who, when they commit an immorality or wrong themselves [by transgression], remember Allah and seek forgiveness for their sins - and who can forgive sins except Allah ? - and [who] do not persist in what they have done while they know. [Al Imran, 3:135]

Some of you won't take this seriously, but this is something our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW) feared the most for his followers, for his Ummah. So I'll particularly be very realistic with you, I'll share some advices from the Qur'an in regards to this ayah from Ali Imran with you. But before I do, I need to inform you about something.

See, we're living in a time where you are constantly exposed to shamelessness. And you're exposed to it so much that you're desensitized to it. So when you see something lewd and vulgar, the first time when you do have your shame intact, you get disturbed.

But if you see it, over and over, and over and over again, you don't even know what the big deal is. Why are people making such a big deal about it? And so you know that you become desensitized when you then start questioning why does Allah make such a big deal of it?

Understand that when you see something corrupt, like something lewd, shameless, something your eyes shouldn't be exposed to or you hear something your ears should not be exposed to and you don't find a problem with that anymore; it's an indication that you've got a serious problem in your heart.

Because your heart is not disturbed by sin and evil anymore, and that's a problem, that's a very deep spiritual problem. And if you have that problem, then it'd have an influence in the rest of your Iman (Faith). You would not be able to concentrate in your prayers. You're not going to be able to cry when you ask Allah. Those things would disappear from your life, why? Because you have allowed for shamelessness to take over your life, and today you're reading this and you have an account on Facebook and you have friends on Facebook who have absolutely lewd and shameless pictures.

We've unintentionally opened the door, and we don't feel like there's a problem, not even a little bit. And whether it's you know, stuff you're watching on the internet or you see on TV; the kind of things you say, the kind of words you use. Words can also be shameless. And we've become desensitized to these sorts of things.