You can't love Allah and trap music (my experience)

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
الحمد لله والصلاة والسلام على رسول الله

🍃السلام عليكم 🍃

              ✨In the name of Allah, The Beneficent The Most Merciful✨

I greet you in this Islamic book;

As Salamu Aleykum Wa rahmatoulla Wa Baraqatuhu; I welcome you to the program in which we continue to look at certain Islamic issues with some stories, hoping that we'd all seek deep knowledge Insha'Allah.

Today I wanted to talk about my experience; hoping that you'd get a lesson from it. Now this is a very short story but it is something that had really happened to me when I think about it again I'm just like "Allahu Akbar"

So back then I was in 1st year of high school and at those times I wanted to be such a righteous girl but the thing was that I was forcing it because I wasn't respecting all the prayers times, first of all, and second of all I just wanted to draw attention, I wanted people to look at me and be like "She's so righteous, Masha'Allah" you know, stuff like that.

So, I used to have a phone. It was a simple smartphone, nothing really extra and I used to have pop and soul music in it. But the thing I was mostly listening to was rap music.

And I remember that I used to listen to some Nicki Minaj's songs, but I wasn't a fan, I was just listening to her music.

But also in the same time, I've downloaded the Quran in my phone to listen to it sometimes. You know when you download a whole Surah and it is directly saved on your phone.

Now what happened is, you know when you have two contrary things, no matter what you do or how you try to handle it, they can't be together, that's how is it because they both have their own characteristics so they just can't, they are parallel to each other. 

Now what I did was that I created two playlists; one for the Quran and the other for the rap music so they won't be mixed.

And so, there's a song, I don't remember the name anymore, but it was Nicki ft Soulja boy and I used to like this song a lot, so I was always listening to it.

So one day, I was chilling into my room, and I put the song and I started like enjoying it Subhan'Allah and it goes like this for one or two minutes and then abruptly stopped. Out of nowhere, the song wasn't finished yet but it just quits playing Subhan'Allah.

Now what happened is in the moment when the music stopped, a verse of Quran started playing just after. It was as if you stop a song and directly play another one; that's exactly what happened. And I was so shocked because I thought that the phone froze or something but a verse of the Quran started playing and I did know which one it was back then.

I am even having palpitation as I am writting because "Allahu Akbar" just "Allahu Akbar"

And at that particular moment, I was shocked by Allah's Power and that's when I returned to Allah and stopped music for a while but yet I wasn't still conscious and started listening to it again a couple of months later.

But now, Al Hamdoulillah I'm only listening to nasheeds songs without music or anything, just with the voice but I'm more focusing myself on the Quran and it makes me feel safe and happy and it makes me get closer to my Lord.

Music is one of the things that are prohibited by Allah (SWT) and His prophet Muhammad (SAW) but unfortunately this is very common in our homes. Very few might know that music is the sound of shaytan.

Music is like a drug ... if you are addicted to it , it is very difficult for you to get rid of it.. but know that it is not impossible... some of you would say "but it calms me when I am depressed and tralala" but the Qur'an not only relieve you from sadness and depression but it also lighten your heart and clear up the dirty thoughts on your mind.

Someone said that a scholar said once about a guy who was on his deathbed and they were trying to recite the Quran for him, but he refused and he said no no no he wants to hear Umm Kulthum (famous arab poetess/ singer) because her voice soothes him. Subhan'Allah

So we should take a lesson from this, the Quran is supposed to soothe us and bring us to peace, not the words of a poet or musician. Your last words should be your shahada and some duaa, not singing along to some worthless music.

And that's the end of my experience, I hope that it'd make you guys ponder because it is not too late to repent and return to the Almighty. Allah Is the First and Allah Is also the Last, no matter where you go or what you do, never forget that Allah (SWT) Is watching you and He knows what's inside everyone's heart.

May Allah bless us all and lead us away from shaytaan. Allahuma Ameen.