Without You (Brother Star Lord/Peter Quill x Sister Reader)

Without You

@claraoswald23765

Siblings! Peter Quill and Y/N

"Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone truly special to be a dad."

"I don't think this is a good idea." You said to your brother as he packed his things in the Milano. Gamora, Drax, Peter and yourself were going with Ego who claimed he was Peter's dad. "What if he's lying?"

"Y/N, don't you dare take this away from me." Peter remarked, feeling the weight of growing up without a real dad. "You may have known who your father was, but I didn't know mine."

"And my father was a piece of shit who called me once a year and said he couldn't make it to my birthday." You retorted. "I'm scared."

"Then you don't have to go."

"You're my brother, of course I have to go." You touched his arm, making him look at you. "Listen, I know that it was hard for you. I knew that it was hard growing up without a real dad."

"Y/N, please, stop trying to get into my head and destroy this possibility of a normal life with a dad." Peter remarked quickly, and you could hear the sadness in his voice.

"Fine... But the second I smell something fishy, we're bouncing." You sighed and grabbed your own bag.

When you made it outside, you say next to Peter in the ship, tapping on your thigh to the beat of a familiar song Peter played constantly. Ego and Mantis were staring, trying to figure out who you were. Mantis then went to touch you and you jerked your hand away.

"What are you doing?" You asked her, acting offended and insulted.

"Oh, I was just curious as to what your role in Peter's life is." She said as if you should know, her big eyes staring at you.

"She's my baby sister." Peter teased and you slapped his arm.

"I am not a baby." You huffed and crossed your arms, grumbling about something irrelevant. "I'm only two years younger."

"That still makes you my baby sister." He laughed and you rolled your eyes. Peter continued to laugh.

--

Ego, in your opinion, was a piece of shit. Peter was held up by some tentacle, looking like he was barely breathing.

"Ah, child, come forth." He called to you as you hid behind a pillar. "You cannot hide here."

Slowly, you emerged with tears running down your face. "Please give my brother back, please." You begged quietly, watching the Walkman be crushed. You sniffled. "You already took my mom, please don't take him."

"Child, don't you think that you hold him back? You are the one thing that he would die over and over again protecting." Ego said, extending one of the glowing tentacle. You backed away, only to then have it wrapped around you, slowly crushing and suffocating you. You dropped, seeing Peter shooting the absolute shit out of his father.

"You shouldn't have messed with my baby sister." He growled, then ran to you. "We need to get off of this."

"He's planning to destroy the galaxy, Peter." You told him, trembling. "We have to destroy him."

"I know, we have to get out alive first, then we can stop him." He said strictly, helping you out. "We have to get to the core and destroy it."

"Ship time." You said with a light hearted smile, making your way outside to see Yondu's ship. You smiled even bigger and sprinted inside to see them okay. "Guys, we have to get to the core, Ego is planning on destroying the Galaxy."

"Damn." Rocket swore, the few of you climbing into the ship. Mantis guided you all and even though there was a shit ton of scuffle, you won. Yondu was holding onto Peter as they went up, and you could see the transfer of the object.

"Yondu?!" You yelled, tears bringing up. "Yondu!" You looked to Rocket. "Go down! Rocket, move so he can breathe-"

"Y/N, he's gone." Rocket said sadly, and you were absolutely broken. You started to sob more, Peter coming onto the ship with tears at his eyes and his body in his arms.

"Y-Yondu-" Peter stumbled out and you merely hugged him tight, beginning to sob and wanting to hold your brother close in times of death of your father figure. When he took the both of you, you had grown to be his princess- like his daughter.

"I know, Peter." You whispered back. All of the Guardians stood in silence, remembering the great man who had helped you save the galaxy twice now. He was a hero to you and Peter.

"He was our dad all along, Y/N." Peter muttered in your ear and you nodded in response.

"We didn't get it." You shook your head. "It's part of Mom's thick skull." You wiped a tear off your cheek.

Peter decided he would talk at the funeral. You couldn't find yourself to say anything and knew that if you would, you would break down. You stared down at his body and your lip quivered more. You had been crying a lot but Yondu had been the real dad all along. Before he was put in the incinerator, you leaned down and whispered.

"Please don't go far... I can't do this without you." You said, tears wetting your lips. You leaned into Peter's chest as he was put in, airships flying all around it now. "Peter... They came." You smiled a little bit.

"They would come for a hero..." Peter looked to Rocket, who shrugged sadly.

"I sent out a message about what Yondu did for us. He helped us save the Galaxy more than once, and I think they would like to come." The raccoon smiled sheepishly. You nodded to him, smiling a little more now.

"You're a good person, Rocket." You smiled and he waved it off and walked away. "He was the real dad the entire time." You said to your brother.

"I don't know how we missed it." He looked down.

"It's okay... I have a feeling he didn't go far."