Ship (Star Lord/Peter Quill x Reader)

Please read the author's note at the end! Super important!

Ship

Star Lord/Peter Quill x Reader

"My father always said I was going to grow up to be the kind of guy who rode motorcycles and stole girls hearts. Little did he know that when I met the right girl, I didn't want anybody else on that motorcycle but her."

"I hate this stupid ship." You grumbled after you'd stubbed your toe, making your way out of your bedroom. The tears from early morning pain were real, and it sucked because you really weren't a morning person. You sat down on one of the couches, calling into the cockpit. "Peter, your ship hates me and I hate it."

"Y/N, you say this every morning." He laughed, humming softly to the Awesome Mix vol 2. He had really grown to like it, and personally, you did too. "By the end of the day you say you're glad to call the Milano home. Make up your mind, don't be inconsistent." He retorted with a laugh.

"Well, you seem to like the Milano more than your girlfriend." You stuck your tongue out. "I stubbed my toe this morning and it hurt because she has this metal on the inside."

"Do you need me to kiss it better, warrior?" Peter called back and this time you threw a pillow at his chair.

"You get up early to pilot this thing and I get no cuddles in the morning. Peter, we have exhausting jobs, our bodies need to cuddle." You said as if it were a fact. "Plus, if I cuddle you later in the day, you smell like this damn ship."

"You're really jealous aren't you?"

"I shouldn't have to be jealous of a ship, but here I am." A huff escaped your mouth, and you stood up, making your way to sit in the co pilot chair next to him. You stared longer, and longer, and longer until he laughed a little more.

"Y/N, you're adorable when you're jealous. And when did that mean stare suddenly seem like one of Xandar's turtles staring at me?" Peter chuckled. "You don't scare me anymore."

"Is it because I can do things that your ship can't do?" You smirked a little bit and you could feel him stiffen slightly.

"Elaborate."

"I can kiss you. I can run my fingers through your hair and then play with the scruff along your jaw that tickles me, so I have to get revenge by tickling you back." You smiled a little more.

"I can hug you close when you're feeling like crap and kiss your forehead and your cheeks, your nose and then finally your lips. I can take your head into my lap and hum songs, lull you to sleep when the Awesome mixes aren't doing it that night." You took a deep breath. "Treat you like the prince you are. Breakfast in bed sometimes, and then more cuddles where you like to feel my legs after I've shaved."

"They're soft, really. And I don't like feeling them." Peter was a charming guy, sure, but sometimes weakness didn't come easy for him to accept.

"Okay okay, Star Prince," you teased. "I can see your scars from battles and Yondu and I still think you're the most handsome man in the entire galaxy.

"But finally, I can love you. I can feel my heart warm when your hand is in mine, or you still smile at me when I'm mean and hate your ship. I can love the way you don't like getting up either and the way your hair gets in your face if you haven't cut it in a while.