Sick Days

Skylar laid her head in Two-bit's lap as he rubbed her back and scrolled through his phone. Skylar pulled her blanket up closer to her and hugged her stuffed lamb. She stuck her thumb in her mouth as a substitute for a passy. She closed her eyes, letting Two-bit's hand bring her to comfort. She was then woken up by Sodapop.

Skylar whined and rubbed her eyes. "How can you be tired?" Soda asked picking her up. "You already had a nap today and you slept until 10:00." Skylar laid her head on her older brother's shoulder.

When Soda set her in her booster seat, she whimpered and held her hands out to him. "Skylar, you're gonna have to sit in your own seat." Darry said setting Skylar's plate down in front of her. Skylar squirmed as her whole body ached. She couldn't even think about food.

"Skylar, you need to eat." Darry said pointing at her plate. Skylar rubbed her eyes and shook her head.
"Skylar, you're not leaving this table until you eat." Darry said when Skylar asked to be let out.

Skylar let out a small cry which had pretty big tears. "Skylar, what's the matter?" Ponyboy asked. Skylar covered up her scrunched up face and continued to cry. Darry was worried. He put his hand on Skylar's head and frowned when he found it to be hot. "Pony, go get the thermometer please." Darry said. Ponyboy got up and grabbed the thermometer out of the bathroom. Darry stuck the thermometer in Skylar's ear and pulled it out when it beeped. "100.4." Darry sighed. Darry got up from the table. "Alright. C'mon baby." He said lifting her out of her booster seat.

Darry carried Skylar to his room and laid her on his bed. Skylar cried rubbing her eyes. "Don't cry Skylar. I know you don't feel well." Darry said taking Skylar's shirt off. (Dirty minded trash X-ing sign here) He brought her into the bathroom where he proceeded to run a bath. Darry changed the water from warm to cool. He lifted Skylar into the tub and set her down.

Skylar immediately whined as she felt the cool water. She liked her warm baths better. Skylar moved up to the shower knob and tried to move it to warm. Darry moved her hand away from the knob. "You need to keep it on cool. You're burning up." He told her. Skylar whined again as Darry began to wash her hair.

After Skylar's bath, she was left in a nightgown and a pull-up. Darry brought her into his room and laid her down on the bed. He was scared to leave her in the room by herself, but he was hungry. He then remembered Two-bit was staying over.

Darry went out into the living room and called Two-bit into the bedroom. (Dirty minded trash this isn't a 'Darry x Two-bit' fanfiction.) Two-bit came in and stood in the doorway as Darry asked him to watch Skylar. He agreed and Darry went back into the kitchen.

Two-bit laid down on the bed with Skylar and turned on the TV. Skylar picked out the show Caillou. Two-bit sat back and gave commentary on the episodes and mocked the characters. Usually, Skylar would turn around and playfully push his chest. Two-bit knew she really was sick when she rested her head on his chest and continued to watch the show.

Her throat hurt too much to say anything. Her nose was stuffed up, so she had to breath put her mouth, which made her throat hurt more. It sounded like she was wheezing when she breathed. Skylar coughed and when she did, she kept on. To her, it felt like she couldn't stop. Two-bit sat her up and patted her back. Skylar stopped coughing, but her throat was on fire. She rubbed her eyes as tears came out of them. "Don't cry sweetie." Two-bit said rubbing her back. "I'm sure Darry will come in with some medicine." Sure enough, Darry came in with a bottle of grape cough syrup, nasal spray, and throat spray.

"I figured she may have a sore throat due to the coughing I heard." Darry said lifting up Skylar and putting her on the edge of the bed. "We'll go to the doctor tomorrow and see what they say, but for now I need you to take this." He said handing Skylar a cup of the grape cough syrup. Skylar took it and drank it without any hesitation, but the throat spray was a different story. Skylar squirmed and Two-bit had to hold her in his lap so she couldn't get away. Darry got Skylar to open her mouth and sprayed the medicine in her mouth. Skylar rubbed her tongue on her sleeve to get the taste out of her mouth. Darry then sprayed the nasal spray, which Skylar also did without hesitation. "Thank you Two-bit." Darry said as he put Skylar back in her original position on the bed. "No problem." Two-bit said sitting up. "I hope you get better Sky." He said kissing Skylar's head. Skylar hugged her brother's friend before he left the room.