No Biting, Hitting, or Name-calling

Normal POV:

Skylar sat in front of her doll house playing with her Dally's new girlfriend's​ little brother, Zach. Zach was a sweet little boy. Fluffy brown hair and bright green eyes made Skylar "fall in love". They had a pretend marriage, but not without a talk with Darry about not kissing and hugging only and holding hands only when he says it's okay. They were both okay with that. Kissing is gross, but hugs are fine.

They were playing their usual game called Mommy and Daddy. It was a daily thing for them in preschool. Another daily thing was a mean boy named Eli always taking one of their dolls and throwing them. And it so happens that he is exactly right on time. Eli had buck teeth that stuck out more than his messy, curly, red hair. He's also a bit bigger than most kids. A little pudge is fine, but an extra large pair of pants on a three year old is a bit too much.

Skylar scowled and turned her head and continued to play the game. Eli turned to look at Zach. Zach copied Skylar, only he showed fear, and Eli could see it. He smiled and grabbed Zach's doll and threw it. "Hey!" Zach exclaimed. He got up and got it. He came back and sat down.

Usually, Zach would cry and tell the teacher, but he's ignoring Eli's attempts to make him upset. Eli was confused, but then he got an idea. He walked over to Skylar and tried to grab her doll. Skylar got it out of his reach, but Eli wouldn't stop. He was almost on top of her when Zach said, "Stwop it you stupid head!"

Eli stopped. He rose up. "Shut up, you big baby!" He said pushing him a little. Skylar was surprised at the language they were using. The words "shut up" was as bad as "fuck off". "Make me you poop face!" Zach retorted. Eli was about to hit Zach, but Skylar stood up and stopped him. "What's​ wong wit you?"

Skylar then realized that was a big mistake as Eli came for her. He pushed her down and wrestled her. Skylar cried as Eli took her finger and bit it. One of the teachers came over and took Eli to time out while another teacher tries to calm Skylar down. Zach stuck by his pretend wife, until the teacher told him that she was okay. Zach nodded and went to go play by himself.

Darry came in to pick up Skylar and was confused to see her upset. Skylar saw her older brother and held her hands out to him. Darry held her as the teacher told him everything. Darry nodded and thanked her. He grabbed Skylar's backpack and left.

The next day, Daisy, Two-bit's sister, came over to play with Skylar. She brought her friend Jessie along too. They played dolls for awhile, until Jessie's phone started ringing. She got up and answered it in another room. She came back and started to talk to Daisy about it. "Well, these two guys got in a fight. One of them called each other a-" she looked at Skylar. "A jerk, but in meaner words. And then-" little did they know, Skylar was listening to the whole thing.

A couple of hours later, Daisy and Jessie left. Ponyboy was left to watch Skylar while Darry worked on his truck, Sodapop and Steve worked on Steve's car, Two-bit, Johnny, and Dallas were downtown.

Skylar asked Ponyboy if she could have a cookie. "No Skylar. Darry is gonna come in and fix dinner pretty soon." Ponyboy said. Skylar crossed her arms. "Jewrk." She mumbled. Ponyboy turned around. "What?" Skylar looked up. "Jewrk." She said a bit louder.
"Skylar, go play with your dolls or something." Ponyboy said getting annoyed.
"No, shut up." Skylar sat down on the floor. Ponyboy sighed. He picked Skylar up and was going to put her in her playroom, but Skylar wasn't going to let that happen. She wanted that cookie.

She hit Ponyboy's back and kicked his leg as he got closer to the room. Ponyboy put her down. "Why are you being a brat?" He asked holding her shoulders. "I not!" Skylar yelled. She started to bite Ponyboy's hands until Darry yelled, "Skylar Blue Curtis!" Ponyboy and Skylar both turned around. Ponyboy explained what happened.

Darry took Skylar by her arm and led her into the kitchen. He sat her in a chair. "You know better than to bite!" He scolded. "You also know better than to hit, kick, say mean words, and to eat junk food before dinner!" Skylar looked down. She felt bad. She felt as low as Eli.
"You're going to sit here and think about what you did, why you did it, and why it's wrong. And you better have an answer when I get back." Darry said sternly, before leaving his baby sister to sulk.

Darry got dinner started while Skylar sat there feeling bad for what she did. She hurt her big brother, who she loves very much, over a cookie. She wiped a tear from her cheek and kicked her feet.

Darry knelt down in front of her. "Okay Skylar, tell me what you did wrong."
Skylar sat there sniffling until she said, "I was mean to Pony for da cookie."
Darry nodded. "Why did you do it?" "Wanted da cookie weawwy bad."
Darry nodded again. "That was no way to act, was it?"
Skylar shook her head.
"So, why is it wrong?"
Skylar tried to think, but didn't know. Darry sighed. "It was bad because you can hurt someone's feelings by saying mean words, and doing mean things. Like when that boy was mean to you yesterday. You didn't like that, did you?"
Skylar shook her head.
"You know what that boy didn't do after doing those mean things to you?"
Skylar shook her head again.
"Say he was sorry. Why don't you go find Pony and tell him?"
Skylar carefully got off the chair and hugged Darry before she found Ponyboy.

Ponyboy was sitting in his room doing homework. Skylar knocked on the door. "Come in!" Ponyboy yelled. "Can't!" Skylar yelled from the other side. Ponyboy smiled a little, knowing she couldn't reach the doorknob. He opened the door.
"Yes?"
Skylar played with her fingers. "I sowwy I was mean, Pony. I wanted cookie."
Ponyboy smiled and picked Skylar up in a hug. She can be a pain, but he'll always love his baby sister no matter what she does.