Playing Too Rough

Two-bit's POV:

Skylar giggled and squealed as I tickled her sides. As I was about to tickle her more, Steve tackled me to the ground. "Skylar! I got him!" Steve yelled. "Hurry! Tickle him!"
Skylar came over and sat on my stomach and started tickling me under my chin, which really did tickle. I got my arms free from Steve's grasp and tickled Skylar's stomach. She squealed and giggled uncontrollably.

Normal POV:

Steve set Skylar aside, but accidentally made her hand hit the wooden closet frame behind her, making her get a splinter. Tears welded up in her eyes as Two-bit and Steve ran out of the room to the back porch.

When they were gone and out of the room, Skylar let out a big, long sob. She got up and went down stairs, holding​ her hurt finger up.

Ponyboy, Sodapop, and Johnny were sitting on the couch watching TV as Skylar came downstairs​ sniffling. They all looked over at her as she looked outside and saw Steve wrestling Two-bit. Skylar tried to smile, but she couldn't. Her finger hurt too much.

Ponyboy noticed that something was wrong with her finger, but he couldn't tell what it was. Finally, he asked, "What did you do to your finger?" Skylar stared at him teary eyed. "I don't know!" She said, crying hard again.

"C'mere Sky." Soda said calmly, patting his knee. Skylar slowly walked over to him, hiccuping while her cheeks got more wet. Soda picked her up and set her in his lap. "Okay, let me see." He said. Skylar showed him her finger. Soda was relieved to see it was just a small splinter.

Soda chuckled a little and patted Skylar's back. "It's just a small splinter, sweetie."  He carried Skylar to the bathroom and set her on the counter. He got out some tweezers, a band-aid, and a couple of tissues.

Soda turned Skylar around, so that her back was on his chest. Skylar started to sob again once the tweezers got ahold of the splinter. Soda got it out in one swift move. Skylar squealed as he pulled it out. "See Skylar?" Soda asked​ showing her the splinter. "Look at how small that thing is." Skylar hid her face in Soda's chest. "No mowe spwintors." She said. Soda rubbed her back and put a bandaid on the place her splinter was. He took the tissues and wiped Skylar's cheeks, dabbed her eyes, and wiped her nose.

"How'd you get the splinter, Skylar?" Soda asked picking Skylar up and putting her on his hip. "Two-bit 'n Steve pwaying​." She said resting her head on Soda's shoulder. Soda nodded. "Those bad boys. You want me to go beat 'em up for ya?" Skylar shook her head. "No, dey just pay hawd."
"Want me to tell 'em that they need to play gently?"
Skylar nodded.
"Okay, well, go and sit with Pony while I go talk with them." He put Skylar down and went outside to Steve and Two-bit.

Sodapop's POV:

I went outside to the backyard and saw Two-bit and Steve tackling each other. "Guys!" I yelled. They both looked at me. "What?" They asked in sync. I sat down in front of them. "When y'all we're playing with Skylar, she got a splinter and it hurt her. I don't know what you guys were doing, but she said that you guys played too hard, so it would mean a lot to her, and Darry, that you guys played a bit more gently."

Two-bit and Steve looked at each other. "Well, I didn't mean to hurt my little buddy." Two-bit said looking down. "Is she okay?" Steve asked.
"She's fine. She just got a little splinter."
Two-bit and Steve stayed silent. "I think y'all need to apologize." I said standing up.

Two-bit and Steve followed me inside. Skylar was sitting in Johnny's lap on the couch, watching TV. "Skylar." Steve called as he sat in a chair in the kitchen. Skylar walked over to them. Steve set Skylar in his lap. Two-bit knelt down to her height. "We're sorry that we played too rough with you upstairs." Two-bit said.
"I didn't mean to hurt you, Sky." Steve said hugging Skylar. Two-bit joined in. "It's okay." Skylar said. "I bettor now."