41

dan

i looked down at my lap and started twiddling my thumbs despite it being a bit shaky. i'm just trying to focus on anything that isn't phil. i'm too afraid to look up to see his reaction. was he disappointed? angry? surprised? i don't know and i don't know if i want to find out.

each second passing of the deafening silence is causing the sinking feeling in my stomach worsen. just a few moments ago, i was really excited to tell him that i'm the same dan he'd been messaging, but now that i did it, i'm not so sure if it was such a good idea anymore.

"oh," i winced at his tone, even though i'm not sure if it's disbelief, surprise, or disappointment. his voice is completely unreadable.

"well, this is a surprise." phil said, "sorry, i'm just a bit overwhelmed, that's all."

i nodded and bit my lip, still not looking up. this is making me anxious.

everything makes me anxious.

but this is making me exceptionally anxious.

"ph—" i started but before i can say anything else, he pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

i was fast to return the hug as i felt my heartbeat quicken. all my worries promptly dissipating as i just think of how good it feels to embrace him.

it all feels so right, having his arms tightly wrapped around me as he lightly nuzzles on my neck. i shivered at the contact as i try to focus on how good he feels and how nice he smells. his scent doesn't smell like vanilla or any other stuffs i've read on sappy romance novels, he smells like phil, he smells like warm.

i was slightly disappointed when he pulled away but the disappointment was soon forgotten when he brushed his fingers on my fringe and smiled at me.

"i'm glad it's you,"

grae: henlo, grae here. thank you soo much for the 5 votes on the last chapter and sorry for the delay omg. i was planning to write a long chapter but decided against it because i have plans for the next chapter c: