Aftermath

"Mmmm..." I groan.

With my face laying flat against a pillow, consciousness begins to creep up on me. I shut my eyes even tighter as I groan again. Ever the analytical type, I asses my situation and surroundings.

Head spinny. Bed comfy. Tummy ouchy.

Situation assessed.

I lift my head cautiously, in fear of my head hurting in a possible hangover. It didn't, curiously. I look around the small room, brow furrowed, to find it empty of other inhabitants. I knew this was Roman's room. And Roman's house. But there was no Roman.

"Where the hell..." I mutter through my teeth as I squint at the empty room some more. Where was Roman? Did he leave me alone in his house?

All right, Waldo.

Groaning, I flip the blankets off of me and slide into a sitting position before dragging myself out of Roman's bed. I carefully totter over towards the door, and peek outside. The trailer is still, quiet. No noise from the living room, or the joint kitchen. I wrinkle my nose at the lack of activity. I make my way back through the mess of dirty clothes and junk, dodging a small amp and Les Paul electric guitar. I notice a piece of paper on the bedside table as I sink back onto the mattress. It's propped against my glass of water, freshly filled. Taking the sheet of paper in one hand and the glass in the other, I begin to read as I sip the water.

Aleithea. I hope you are well, and I'm sorry for sort of abandoning you in my own house,

No kidding.

But I had to leave for work, and I didn't want to wake you, you poor drunken thing :P

I roll my eyes at his words and penned emoticon.

I hope you're well when you wake up. You shouldn't have a hangover or anything. You kind of have to keep the alcohol in your system to feel the effects of a hangover, smarts. Anyway. Send me a text once you read this. You can chill at my house until I get off on lunch to take you home.

Roman.

I scoff at the note, scanning over it a few more times. His cell number is scrawled at the bottom. Hell no, I sneer at it. My cell phone is in Kate's mustang, anyway. Folding the note carelessly, I clutch it as I stand from the mattress and make my way to a tall dresser. I root through it, finding an old pair of worn black jeans at the bottom, a studded black and red belt, and an Avenged Sevenfold Tee from Hot Topic.

Hm. A good band. From the store with the softest shirts ever. Yep, I'm takin' this, Rome. I shimmy off the MCR shirt that I slept in and scurry into my new found clothing, feeling awkward being nekkid in Roman's room. I didn't feel like waiting around for him.

I slink through his trailer home, wondering if he his parents are around. Luckily, I encounter no one in the silent house as I exit. Out in the sunshine of the glorious late-May morning, I feel weird being in public, bra-less, in Roman's baggy man-clothing. Deciding to wing it, I start down the street, keeping my eye open for street signs.

After a good half-hour of random wandering and investigating, I discover that I am about two and half blocks away from Kaitlin's house. A good walking distance, I'd say.

In no time, I'm climbing the steps of her home and letting myself in as always. I greet her mother, who is actually on her way out, and she tells me that Kaitlin is asleep upstairs. I thank her before bounding up to Kait's room to bug her for a ride home.

~*~

"All my life I've been good, but now,

Wo-oh-oh-oh-oh I'm thinkin' what the hell?