Partnered with WHO?

"So... club tonight, or no?"

"No. I've said it like five times, Kait."

"Oh, don't be such a wimp. The fake ID's my brother got us are gonna work, I'd bet anything on it."

With a sigh, I roll my eyes at her wager. As much as I like the idea of getting out for once and clubbing on a Friday night, I didn't want to deal with anything but finals this weekend. I had to pass precalc and physics if I wanted to live past the age of 17.

"That's not what I'm worried about. Most clubs could care less if ID's are legitimate, paying customers are paying customers. But, might I remind you that finals are all next week?" Kaitlin scrunches up her face in annoyance.

"I hate how much you caaare," she groans as she presses her face against her desk.

"Summer is freakin' a week away and you want to club now?"

"Yeeees..."

"Kait..."

"I've had senioritis since January."

"We're Juniors."

"I need the club. Study your shit on Saturday, come clubbing with me tonight!"

I avoid the teacher's pointed gaze, but try my best to look like I'm paying attention to her at the same time.

"Oh my god. Fine," I hiss at Kaitlin through clenched teeth, "I'll go. For god's sake, shut up and stop squealing. Mrs. Frann is already glaring at us." I shoot a sly smile at my best friend, who is beaming triumphantly from her desk beside me. "Someone's gotta make sure you don't make a drunken, rape-able fool of yourself tonight, anyway."

"Ladies! Enough chitchat back there. Pay attention," Mrs. Frann barks back at us, ending our conversation abruptly. "You might miss your name when I call it for partners." I furrow my brow in confusion as she says this, and I tune in to her for the first time today.

"Partners?" I say, accidentally out loud. Mrs. Frann's face turns stern as kids start to turn to look back at me in my seat as the teacher addresses me further.

"Yes, partners. For the summer project. You would have known, had you been paying attention instead of having social hour back there, Miss Revora." My face flushes as I look down at my desk to avoid the eyes that are on me. I hear a few of them snicker. Including Kaitlin... I shoot her a glare, and she just giggles back at me. My eyes flicker from Kait's desk to a few seats behind her, feeling a gaze on my back. My eyes meet another's; a smoky blue-green stare behind curtains of jet-black hair. The boy with a bad rep, Roman, smirks at me after we lock eyes for a moment. He gives me a cocky wink before I scowl at him and spin back around in my seat.

I really can't stand people who are full of themselves... It doesn't help that he's a stunner either, lots of kids like him use their God-given gift of good genes as an excuse to feel like the king of the school. My ego would probably be massive, too, if I was that attractive, had an impressive body, and had made out with more people than I could count. Because I literally think he can't count that high. I try not to give him the satisfaction of attention, since he gets enough of it from all the other swooning chicks in this school, including Kaitlin. Not that he would talk to me, anyway, since he never has all the years we've been going to the same school. Besides, I don't usually go for the emo type bad-boys. Though, I do have a huge thing for long hair on dudes, unfortunately.

Mrs. Frann continues explaining the summer project, receiving mutual groans of horror from the class as she decides to draw names to pick partners, since apparently no teacher in this entire building has the ability to let us choose who we work with, god forbid. She likes making us miserable.