10

Eliza's POV

APUSH is the worst class ever. My forth period dragged on for what seemed like hours, and when the bell finally rang I jumped out of my seat and bolted out the door. I rushed off to lunch and plopped down next to Sheri.
     "Hey ladies what's up?" Ryan's hyped voice cut through Sheri and I's comfortable quiet.
    "Nothing. What bout you Ry?" Sheri responded.
      "Just planning for homecoming."
         "Homecoming?" Monty's words cut Ryan short and scared me as he magically appeared.
       "Yeah homecoming, the dance. Where people get all dressed up and it's after a football game and"
      "I know what it is just didn't know when it was." Monty snapped back
       "Three weeks from Friday. Why the sudden interest? Got your eye on some girl?" Ryan answered
      "Probably some poor, innocent freshman." Alex joked as he sat down next to me.
       "It's not a freshman!" Montgomery's voice was harsh and he seemed to be uncomfortable.
      "Omg Montgomery De La Cruz had a crush. On a real human girl!" I joked, even though the thought of him liking someone immediately brought me back to my dream. Everyone chuckled except for Monty who just mumbled 'shut up'. I grinned and bumped my side against his and he relaxed a little.
Montgomery eventually calmed down enough to join in our joking around. He wrapped an arm around my waist. I snuggled into his side and we sat like that throughout lunch. Every time he would turn to look at me I pictured the way he lips had felt pressed against mine.
"Hello you in there?" Monty's voice, like always, cut through my inner dialog. I snapped my gaze up and saw that people were leaving the cafeteria.
"Yeah, yeah sorry!" I stood up and reached to grab my books when Monty snatched them before I could and stuck them under his arm. He grabbed my hand a pulled me along to out next class.

________________________
I hope you've all enjoyed! This book is less than two weeks old and it has over 4000 reads! Thank you all so much and please remember to comment and vote!!