Chapter 19

Ayden

"Man I told I don't know how many times to not mess with that! Did you honestly think you could handle Roni the only person that can handle that girl is the dude she probably laid up with right now which is Terrance. Next time try listening to me, your best friend and not my woman. I promise it'll save you from drama and even a broken nose." Khalil fussed as we walked out the hospital as to a rising sun.

I tuned him out as I reflected on the events that occurred last night while wondering what Madison would make of all this when I got home. I could still hear her voice in my head as she shouted at me while checking out my nose. It was just my luck that Khalil brought me to the hospital she had just started working at last night to get my nose checked out. I wasn't even surprised he spilled the beans to her since he was damn near drunk.

"Sorry again for ruining your wedding night." I apologized as we got inside my truck.

"Yeah, you owe me big time starting with another wedding gift. Hint Trin's been wanting to go to Aruba."

"I thought you guys were going to Jamaica for you guys honeymoon."

"No, and don't say shit either because it's a surprise."

"I gotcha it's the least I can do for you love birds." I smiled as he drove us out of the hospital's parking lot.

Once arriving at Trinity's apartment Khalil quickly grabbed his things heading inside of Trinity's building. It wasn't long after that I drove off heading to my own home.

When I arrived at my home I didn't see Madison's car and once inside something felt different. I walked to the back towards my room to see a note laying on the bed with her engagement ring on top.

She had left.

I didn't even have to read the note to know that she was done with me.

Damn.

I could feel my heart break into millions of pieces as I fell out onto the bed. I laid there staring at the ceiling as my pain meds for my nose began to kick in I began to drift off to sleep.

"Daddy! Daddy! Come on before it leaves!" A little girl's voice yelled.

I looked to see the little girl behind me she was pointing in the direction of the ocean shore. I decided to follow her as she ran looking back often to make sure I was still following.

See look at the little baby turtles.

I smiled as the little girl picked one up handing it to me to hold.

"They're beautiful sweetie." I smiled grabbing the baby turtle from her hand.

"What animals did you two find this time?"
A familiar voice spoke as I petted the baby turtle.

It was the moment that I turned on that I came face to face with Veronica. There she was standing with that beautiful smile and I couldn't help but smile back.

I was confused on how I was smiling so happily in this dream when in reality this same woman doesn't want to or ever wants to be with me.

"What are you smiling for when I'm the one carrying all this ice cream." She laughed as she handed me and the little girl ice cream cones.

"It's time to let the turtles go so we can go," Veronica ordered before eating a spoon full of ice cream.

I tuned out her voice as I noticed the wedding ring on her finger. I wonder are we married? That's when I took notice of her small pudge sticking out. Is she pregnant? Is it mine?

"Would you two please come on mommy is getting sleepy and needs to lay down." Veronica said grabbing my hand as the little girl reached up for me to pick her up.

I followed Veronica to what I was assuming to a car as I thought silently about the possibility of this actually being our life. Us together just had never clicked to me considering her reputation, but in this moment everything felt perfect.

Then again this was just a dream.

I woke up to darkness and rolled over to read the clock which had 5 o'clock. I couldn't believe I had actually slept this long.

I searched the bed for my phone and when I found it I was hurt to see no missed calls from Madison. I could only imagine where she had gone considering she didn't really have that many options.

I got undressed and changed into a pair of swim trunks and headed downstairs to my building's pool to clear my head a little.

I needed to figure what I was planning to say when Madison decided to speak to me because even though I was in the wrong Madison can be slightly mellow dramatic at times. The packing up her things was definitely dramatic and unnecessary but I can't say that without pissing her off more than she probably already was so I'll just leave that out when I speak to her.

As I swam a few laps in the pool I thought about all the plans Madison and I had made from us traveling the world to help children to retire and building a house in the country. Of course, things change life happens we finished school at different times and becoming a traveling doctor just seemed nothing but a dream I wanted kids. How could I have kids and travel the world I refused to be like my parents working all the time barely spending time with my child. Madison didn't see it that way though and as much as she loves kids I know having some of her own was the last thing she wanted. Even after she told me that I stayed engaged with her being content with the fact that she would never change her mind because marriage is about compromise so no kids would be my sacrifice. Deep down I hope that she'll one day change your mind. It was just no way I could handle her having another abortion one was more than enough.

"Ayden I'm pregnant I'm telling you because I've made a decision to not keep the baby. This is my last year of school and I already have a job lined up for myself. If I was to have a baby right now it would be bad timing for not only the both of us but also the baby." Madison spoke looking into my eyes for some sign of emotion.

I was hurt, but she was right in everything she said that didn't mean we couldn't make a way though that's what being parents were about making a way.

I continued sitting still looking deep into her eyes for some type of contemplation, but she seemed confident and sure of everything she was saying.

I turned my head away from her and looked down.

"I mean come on Ayden you're in the middle of your residency, still living with your parents and I'm getting ready to leave the country at the end of the year. A baby? Really? I know you want kids, but that's just not what I see for myself especially right now. You probably hate me for even telling you, but I knew I couldn't keep this a secret from you. I love you too much to ever keep something like this away from you."

There was a long moment of silence before she began to speak again.

"As much as you hate me right now I hope that you will go with me to my appointment tomorrow I honestly don't think I can go alone." She explained holding my hand.

"How dare you?" I mumbled snatching my hand away from her.

"How dare you ask me to come with you to go get our baby killed? You know what Madison you're so motherfucking selfish! I don't know why I'm still here listening to your bullshit, I'm out!" I shouted as I grabbed my car keys leaving swiftly out of her apartment.

I hoped and prayed that she would have changed her mind, but when I showed up at the doctor's office that next morning I remember looking at her walk out from the back with a look of relief. I remember apologizing as we walked out and her cutting me off with a kiss. She told me she loved me and from that moment on we never spoke of what could have been.