Chapter 11

Veronica

"Well this is nice." I spoke before taking a sip of my mimosa Ayden had asked me to meet up with him for brunch so here I was sitting here listening to the worst possible news , he had a fiancé. I honestly didn't see that one coming and things couldn't be that great because he's with me way too much.

As I tuned back in to what he was saying I saw him standing up then a woman walk towards us she was pretty, but she seemed so uptight.

"Veronica this is my fiancé, Madison. Madison this Is my friend, Veronica." Ayden smiled.

He pulled out her chair then took his own seat.

"It's nice to finally meet THE Veronica I've heard quite a bit about you." She said slyly

"Wish I could say the same I'm still trying to figure out why Ayden had never mentioned his beautiful fiancé to me." I said back with a smirk.

I can be petty too. I could tell by the expression on Ayden's face this wasn't how he had imagined things to go.

"So exactly how did you two meet?" Madison asked pointing in between Ayden and I.

"He's friends with Khalil who is marrying my best friend, Trinity and also he's my niece's doctor." I explained.

"Oh really so I guess I can plan on seeing you quite a bit?"

"Of course not only am I the maid of honor I'm also the wedding planner."

"That's ve-

"Roni? Roni? Is that you?"

I knew that voice anywhere, Chance.

Why in the hell is he here?

"Chance what a pleasant surprise." I said standing up to hug him I missed him.

"Chance this is my friend Ayden and his fiancé Maranda-

"Madison." She said rolling her eyes.

"Close enough." I smirked

"I would stay in chat, but I have to go pick up the kids. My number's still the same so make sure to text me." Chance spoke before giving me a kiss on the cheek and a tight hug.

That was so weird.

"So when's the special day?" I asked

"Um it actually hasn't been decided yet. We're trying to figure out a good time for the both of us since I'm a traveling nurse and he's a pediatrician our schedules conflict a lot mainly mines."

"You're a traveling nurse?"

"Ye-

"Hold that thought my  phone's ringing." I said pulling out my phone to see that I was receiving a call from Khalil.

"Hello?"

"Yeah Ron this Khalil."

"Obviously now what do you want?"

"We need to talk like now meet me at our old spot." Khalil said before hanging up the phone rapidly.

"Sorry to end this little soiree so soon, but something's come up and I have to go."

"Understandable, but are you still going to the dinner?" Ayden asked standing up with me.

"Of course see you there I hope." I smiled giving him a hug.

"It was nice meeting you Madeline." I smiled walking away before she could correct me again.

I thought it was obvious I was giving her different names on purpose. Whatever though I'm off to see Khalil I wonder what he could possibly want he barely talks to me unless Trinity is around and it's better off that way considering our past.