Chapter 12

Veronica

"Soooo?"

"So what Trin?"

"Khalil came home earlier and I could tell he had obviously been crying." She stated

"Okay?"

"Ron I know you were the last person to talk to him what happened ?" She asked with a look of worry all over her face.

"Well we were at the park-

"And what happened?" She asked cutting me off.

"Damn Trin can I finish?" I laughed

"Sorry I'm just worried about my baby he's never sad so for him to have been crying it must've been something serious."

"We were talking about the twins well I was talking about the twins he kind of just listened." I said looking down bringing it up made me want to cry all over again.

"Damn you guys never speak of them well hope you're okay Ron I know how hard that was for you two still is hard." Trinity spoke sitting her drink down then grabbing me into a hug.

"I am now, but enough of sad talk this is suppose to be a happy night you're getting married in two weeks. By the way Khalil vows are so beautiful so we're expecting your cry baby ass to be in a river of tears." I spoke as she released me from her embrace.

My best friend was getting married in two weeks and tonight we were having a dinner to celebrate. I prepared myself for the bridezella that would become my best friend starting tomorrow as we put the final touches on everything.

The room silenced as Jermaine cleared his throat to speak. I was anxious to hear what he would say since he hated public speaking, yet volunteered to speak tonight.

"Good Evening family and friends we're gathered here tonight in honor of a special occasion. In less than two weeks from tomorrow my sister's best friend, Trinity will be getting married to the man of her dreams. As we all know Trinity and my sister, Veronica have been friends since their diaper days. Trinity is like the second sister I never asked for, but still love her because she's your sister and a great person. Trinity and Veronica have a friendship that most wish for, but never truly gain.

I remember the girl's first day of high school they were so nervous not just because it was their first day, but it would be their first time attending public school. I was a senior so I wasn't too excited when I was told that my little sister and her friend who were freshmen would be riding with me to school. My girlfriend, Tanya loved them so she didn't mind, but I on the other hand was pretty upset. The whole ride to school I was stuck listening to Beyoncé. That morning I just couldn't seem to get to school fast enough, but once we arrived the girls didn't say a word."

"When we get inside this building you no longer know me or  talk to me unless it's an emergency. You can find your  advisory class on the lists posted in the cafeteria, main entrance and freshmen hall. Good Luck kids!"

"Jermaine really that's it you're just going to leave them hanging like that?" Tanya spoke raising her voice.

"I mean what else is there to tell it's public high school. Time out for the little miss prissy acts no one cares what school you came from you're at Woodlen now." Jermaine yelled before walking off with Tanya not too far behind.

"Well Roni I guess it's just you and me from this point." Trinity smiled throwing her arm around Veronica's shoulder.

"As always bestie we'll meet after advisory." Veronica said reassuringly as they hugged before walking in opposite directions.