Chapter 15

Veronica

"Have you fucked him yet?" T asked as he closed the car door where he had just put Monica and July inside.

"What?" I asked confused.

"That guy, that doctor."

"Definitely not he has a fiancee."

I honestly felt a little insulted considering we were suppose to be working things out and here he goes accusing me.

"Well you know it wouldn't be your first time." He stated before opening my door for me.

"I'm really not in the mood for this conversation especially with them here."

"You're right but we'll definitely finish the conversation later."

I wouldn't necessarily say T was insecure I think he just has known me for so long he knows my actions.

"Where are we going now?" Monica asked as T started up the car.

"We are going to go pick up Auntie Trin's wedding dress take it back to her and then we'll do whatever you want." I responded looking back at her and July.

If you ask me they honestly could pass as sisters since they both looked like my mother when she was their age.

It wasn't long before we had gotten the dress and we're at the drive in movie with the girls.

I had fallen asleep by the second movie. I was tired and had been up for two days straight putting the finishing touches on Trin's wedding along with trying to entertain two seven year old girls.

When I woke up we were in the parking lot of my building. I grabbed the girl's snacks and my work bag while T carried both of the girls up to my condo. I had just walked in the building when I was stopped by the sound of my name.

"Veronica Jones?" The man spoke again.

"Who wants to know?" I asked turning to look at the guy.

In that moment I realized who it was which caused me to drop everything.

"Ken?"

"The one and only." He replied walking towards with open arms.

I hugged him tightly.

"What are you doing here?" I asked still holding on to him.

"I live here." He answered releasing me.

"Since when?"

"I actually just moved in a week ago. I got a new job I thought Rodney would have told you I ran into him two days ago."

"Well I have been busy you know Trin's getting married the day after tomorrow."

"I can't believe you two are still friends. Who's the lucky guy?"

"Khalil."

"WOW! You're kidding me right?"

"Nope you know after the twins things pretty much ended between us. Two years later they're sitting me down telling me that they're dating."

"Are you okay with them getting married?"

"How I feel doesn't really matter especially this late in the game. Trinity is my best friend and if being with Khalil is what makes her happy then I don't want to be the one to stop her."

"It's a yes or no question."

"Honestly?"

"Honestly."