Chapter Seven.

I sat on my new apartment floor crying looking at the almost empty Hennessey. Ever since last night I was drinking and I couldn't stop drinking. All I was thinking about was how I reacted over Nas. I tried to convince myself over and over last night when I got home that I wasn't in love with him but I was and me fighting Peaches confirmed it. I don't even remember how I ended up in here but I was here.

"Candice?" I heard a familiar voice call out to me. But with all the tears I couldn't make out who it was that called my name. My vision was impaired. Finally realizing who it was I started crying more.

"Why are you here, how did you even find me here?"

"Your mother reached out to my moms since no one heard from you since last night and she just gave her a list of places where you might possibly be."

I picked the bottle back up gulping down the rest of the alcohol. I felt the bottle being snatched from my hand crashing down on the ground shattering into pieces. I laughed loudly shaking my head.

"It was finished already anyways." I said still laughing on the verge of tears.

"Get up now." Nasir said in a stern and calm voice. I sucked my teeth still sitting on the ground sitting Indian style.

"Like I'm really going to listen to you, fuck you." I slurred feeling dizzy and like I was going faint any minute.

"Fuck me nah fuck you I'm tired of trying with you I see round shawty." He said walking way fed up. I struggled to get up but when I did I ran after him not believing in a million years that'd I be the one doing that.

"Nas wait." I managed to get out properly pulling his arm stopping him from opening the door. He snatched his arm away and turned to face me. "I'm sorry, thank you for checking up on me." I said giving him a small smile holding the side of my banging head.

"That's better." He smiled as well making me feel a way words wouldn't even be able to describe. "You hungry?" He asked licking his lips making me look away clearing my throat.

"Yeah."

"Aigh let's go." He said holding his hand out waiting for me to grab it. I blushed feeling 14 again. Grabbing his hand we walked out the door. I handed him the key so he could lock it.

"I also need some pain medicine." I frowned not really feeling good. We made our ways to the door so we could leave the building.

"Next time make sure you lock that door." He said holding the door open for me. I nodded my head in agreement I just wasn't paying attention. We walked across the street where his truck was parked at.

"Can we stop at my house so I can get my phone." I said while he unlocked the doors and I got in. He got in pulling his seatbelt on. I stared at him waiting for him to answer my question. He reached over digging in the glove department pulling out my phone.

"How did you get this you saw my mother?" I asked shocked. I knew once I got back home if they did converse I was going to get my ass handed to me for keeping this a secret for so long.

"Yeah I talked to her about everything from me leaving 8 years ago to me seeing you and how you reacted."

"Saw me where?" I asked nervously hoping he didn't tell her at the club that I worked at.

"At a dinner with Twan and Nicole." He winked starting the ignition pulling off. I sighed a breath of relief turning my phone on.

"Thank you!" I squealed hugging him feeling the sharp pain in my head reminding me of my headache and to calm down. I squeezed my eyes closed moving back over to my seat holding both sides of my head. This pain was something I'd never wish on anybody.

"You good?" Nasir asked concerned.

"This headache feels more like a migraine." I responded still with my eyes closed.

"Dig in the department and it's some Aleve in there hopefully that would help."  I dug in the glove department grabbing the small bottle of pills seeing him pull into the drive thru of our favorite childhood restaurant. Johnny Rockets.

"Oh my god no you didn't." I said in awe remembering the best night we had eating here.

"Had to." He chuckled pulling up to the intercom. I swallowed the pill down with my salvia. "You want the smokehouse double with the Vanilla shake?" He recited remembering exactly what I used to get when were younger. I smiled nodding my head.

"Great memory." I mumbled starting to realize everyone deserves a second chance.

"Can I have the Smokehouse double with the original Vanilla shake."

"Double right?" The drive thru worker asked.

"Yeah."

"Is that all?"

"Nah and can I also get the streamliner with everything except tomatoes and a medium sprite." He said digging in his pockets pulling out a thick stack of money.

"18.36 is your total."

He drove up to the window to pay for our stuff. Peeling off a twenty dollar bill he handed it to the lady telling her to keep the change.

"I didn't know you was so generous." I joked feeling my headache and hangover fading away slowly.

"Only to people that I know deserve it." He smirked grabbing the food handing the drinks over to me.

"I really want to thank you for today." I said placing my straw in my milkshake sipping on it.

"Why were you like that?" He quizzed me catching me off guard. I didn't think he would bring that up and I wasn't sure if I was about to honestly tell him the truth. He said pulling the transmission back stopping the car in the lot of Johnny rockets as he took out his burger.

"I don't really want to talk about that." I mumbled more then said while he handed me my burger and I handed him his sprite in exchange.

"I'm not letting this go easily unless you want me to just drop you home?" He smirked placing his hand on the keys in the ignition. I rolled my eyes smacking his hand down.

"Yo ass going stop talking to me like I'm a child." I laughed unwrapping my burger hungry as shit.

"For real though why I'm finding you like that Candice?" He asked seriously now. I bit down on my lip playing with my burger still debating in my head.

"I just felt like that bitch brought me out my character and that's just not me so I was a little bothered by it that's all." I said lying with the straightest face ever.

"Don't let that shit get to you man you to pretty to be stressing." He complimented while biting into his burger. I watched him intently admiring his facial features and for the first time in a long time I felt that familiar tingling in between my legs. I squeezed my legs together not liking the feeling it was weird to be feeling like this right now.

"Take a picture it'll last longer." He mimicked what I use to say to the boys in our after school program. I giggled looking down at my burger not really in the mood for it.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I blurted out.

"Nah I don't have one of those, I'm not boyfriend material." He shrugged half way done with his burger. I stared at him in confusion.

"What does that even mean?" I chuckled drinking more of my shake seeing that it was melting.

"I don't know how to stay committed to one female and I don't plan on it either."
I could literally almost feel my heart break at the sound of that. Ever since he took my virginity I planned on me and Nasir being together forever. But now I knew there wasn't a chance of that happening. Feeling a way I felt it was time to go home.

"I'm getting sleepy uh can you take me home?" I fake yawned looking out the window as driplets of rain started to form on the window.

"Yeah sure." Nas responded a little uncertain. I smiled weakly as he started the engine and got ready to drive off.