Chapter Thirteen

Unwrapping my glass antiques out of the newspaper I had folded them up in, I placed them down on the wall frame in the living room.

"This is a sexy ass apartment." Nicole said coming from the back from looking around my apartment.

"Greatly appreciate that but my apartment would be way sexier if you gave me a hand so my place could look like something." I sighed already feeling like I was doing a lot.

"You don't have to unpack everything tonight Candice sit down as long as you got your bed up and food to eat your good stop panicking." She said walking over to me taking the glass out of my hand noticing how overwhelmed I was getting.

"I know but you know how precise I am about getting everything done." I said placing my hand on my forehead.

"Well that's going change starting today." She said pushing me to sit in one of the chairs in my living room. I finally gave in and sat back relaxing.

"Okay okay where's Twan with this bottle?" I asked stressed ready to get litt. Looking down at her phone she started texting and fast at that making me laugh.

"Same thing I'm asking this nigga always trying to do a detour." She responded still looking down at her phone typing.

"I'm not really feeling Orlando." I blurted out, meant to be a thought but came out. Hearing her phone lock I could feel her eyes staring a hole into me.

"Your not feeling what, after the hard work I did to get his number your not feeling him unacceptable." She jokingly said scoffing.

"Bitch all you did was stroll your ass over there and point."

"Unappreciative ass never again... but why you feeling this way he's cute."

"I'm stuck."

"Stuck?" Nicole repeated more as a question.

"Yes I'm stuck, stuck on Nas."

There was a silent pause as Nicole sighed looking down playing with her fingers. She looked nervous and I could tell something was up.

"Don't be mad but I told Twan it was fine if he brought Nasir along, he wants to talk to you."
I got up from the chair and walked over to the window. Looking out the window I had a amazing view seeing most of the building and city lights.

"It's fine we're adults and it's best that we talk I'm really tired of going around holding a grudge against him." I shrugged then letting my arms fall to the side of me. I heard Nicole gasp and I knew she was trying to be funny but I was super serious.

"Is that my best friend talking?"

"Bitch I'm serious, life is to short and god gave me a second chance to have him in my life so I'm going try to make this work because I'm tired of pretending I don't care when it really is eating me alive."

Before Nicole could respond the doorbell rang slightly scaring the both of us. Nicole walked over and looked at the camera that shows who was ringing the bell. Pressing the key to let them in I pulled my hair behind my ear trying to make sure that I looked decent.

"How do I look?" I asked posing while moving my head left and right.

"I can't." She laughed. "You look good as usual." She smiled turning to walk away to unlock the door. I digged in my box bring one of the books I brought with me. Sitting in the chair I flipped through the pages pretending to be occupied as I heard them all talking in a low voice until they were visible.

"Hey Mayweather look what I got you." I heard Twan say. Looking up he was holding a Hennessy bottle in one hand and in the other a Apple Ciroc bottle. Smirking I put the book down standing up I walked over to him snatching both bottles.