Chapter 16...Vampire Servant

//I wander how many times I replayed "Servant of Evil" before writing this. I think it was around the time I found "Black Butler," too.

//Ahh this is not that you'll think it is at first glance. Don't cringe please pvp

Master! Please, I need your help!!"

The brunette's lemony green eyes were wide as he stood before you, chest moving in and out quickly as his mouth hung open, gasping for air. His hair was in messy lumps made worse by the wind, his clothes dirtied with mud. In all your years knowing the boy, you'd never seen him so panicked, so uncomposed. His lips trembled as he spoke, his voice broken, pleading.

"Master..."

♟⚜♚⚜♟⚜♚♟⚜♚♟⚜♚♟⚜♚♟⚜♚♟⚜♚♟⚜♚♟⚜♚♟⚜

It was a week till James was set to return from his journey. He could go awhile apart from you, easily, though as days spread to weeks, months, even, without a single letter, you began to worry. It was out of character for your most loyal companion to break his word, and as much as you tried to tell yourself the mail had been misplaced and lost somewhere, that the boy had grown forgetful of the time in the bulk of his studies... there was this feeling in your gut. A continually pressing feeling, one that told you something was wrong. Something was horribly wrong...

It was five years ago you'd met the boy, five years since you'd sealed a contract. How old was the boy when you'd first found him? A shrimpish little critter, no more than seven or eight years old. In the time you'd known James, he'd grown into a young gentleman. Despite myths and folklore that circulated about the boy's ancestry, he looked perfectly human. Curly brown hair with streaks of gold when the sun hit it just right, intuitive green eyes that caught on so quick, faithfully fulfilling your every wish as if they could see straight through your mind. He was a bright child to which you quickly grew fond, and to be honest the partings were harder on you than the one who should have been struggling most. That is to say, the species to which James belonged was not of the class of humans. The strength of his scent, the distance from which he could locate you. You'd learned that the day you met; he wouldn't have let you drag him out of that alley without knowing. James was a vampire, a being of night that fed on the blood of humans. This wasn't questionable. Weather or not he could survive without it, you'd never know, but one thing was for certain. For whatever reason, the boy needed to feed. He'd fall ill if he didn't, isolate himself and suffer quietly till he eventually went insane. The boy knew he was a monster, as did you. Of course, it had its perks. In exchange for the boy's 'condition,' he had extraordinary healing abilities. Wounds the child obtained would heal within a matter of hours, and he never fell sick. As time passed, you found these effects would wear off on you if you spent enough time together. The more he fed, the stronger they were. You, to be precise. As part of your contract, the child kept you safe and well. He kept his half of the deal well, the small misfit you'd shown none more than mercy towards all those years ago. More than that, you almost never fell sick. He healed your wounds in an instant. In return, you gave him blood. You were the one and only one on which he fed, though he only really needed to once, maybe twice a moon. And no one knew. A master and servant bound by a deal you hadn't really taken seriously. It was a strange fit.

You crossed your legs as you sat beneath the shady trees at the porch of the mansion, gazing out at the scenery. It was a steamy hot day, too stuffy to spend indoors. Once awhile a maid or servant tending the house or gardens would greet you, ask if you were doing alright. You nodded each one off, sighing as you watched water condense and drip down the sides of your glass. Of course you weren't alright, nothing was alright. You hung your head downwards as a stray hair fell upon your face, watching the hazy world warp like gasoline behind the bronze gate, watching as if the desired specimen would appear right before you, safe and sound a whole week before he was due to return alongside your dearest friend, Peter. Your eyes wandered over to the gardener, hunched over as he tended to white roses, his peaceful hum occasionally buzzing by your ears. What time was it now? Ten, eleven O' clock? You lost track. Sitting out here only made things worse, a further salt inflicted upon the agony of seconds and minutes that fluttered by slow as old men turned the pages of the morning paper. Bored out of your mind, you stood to leave.

And heard a voice..

"Master!!"

You paused in your tracks, a bit baffled. Was that really the boy's voice you were hearing? Even for an illusion, you expected it to be calmer. Sturdier...

You looked around, eyes focusing upon a figure that was running towards the gate. Hair and clothes dirty and misplaced, holding something in his arms. The boys eyes were panicked as they looked at you, their owner's mouth hung open like he'd been running awhile.

"Master! Please...I need your help!!"

You frowned as these words met your ears, searching the child's figure for some kind of explanation, some kind of hint. The bundle in his arms, did you see it move? There it was again.

"Master...please...."

Breathing. It was a alive. A person. A child, breathing. Covered in blood. The pair of green eyes offered no explanation, no hints. They looked glanced down at the child in the boy's arms before looking back at you, you who hurried over. This wasn't the kind of greeting you'd expected.

♟⚜♚⚜♟⚜♚♟⚜♚♟⚜♚♟⚜♚♟⚜♚♟⚜♚♟⚜♚♟⚜♚♟⚜

Yaaaaay~ I'm finally pulling out of my dragon phase, if just a little. Anyways, this rp will be a little different. Rather than being placed into main events or backstories for one of my characters' main plot, you'll be roleplaying in an alternate universe. (To be honest, the main route James never even went anywhere near blood..;) You'll be playing as Jame's master/mistress (female preferred), a wealthy nobleman/woman who cared for James since he was a child. (Your oc found him panicked and paranoid on the streets with nowhere to go, it's assumed that his parents were killed off like any other freakish creature would have been in this time period.)