Prologue

Obligations|Prologue

"Gin, Rangiku, wait up!" A 7 year old Katrina yelled, but her friends were nowhere to be found. They had ran off without her again. She stopped, trying to catch her breath. She was sad, this wasn't the first time the two had left her behind. "What do we have here?" Katrina heard a raspy, male voice behind her. She tried to turn around but, much to her disadvantage, she was blindfolded and grabbed. 

This was when present day Katrina woke up with a jolt. There was nothing for her to worry about, right? She was now the Captain of Squad Ten, with a Captain worthy lieutenant at her side. Nothing could reach her here. She was stronger than ever, she could beat any hollow in her path. She just couldn't beat her feelings. She felt anxious, this dream had been continuous for the past couple days and she felt trapped, as if life was going nowhere. Life in the soul society had been exceedingly boring as of late, the same things happening every day. Life was on a loop for Katrina. Today was an exception, but she didn't like it. Today was the execution of Rukia Kuchiki, and she could feel that something was going to go wrong. 

Katrina got up out of bed, tying her silver hair into a loose ponytail. She sighed looking in the mirror, 'My reflection is even boring. Now thats just sad.' She thought to herself. Looking over at her dresser, she saw a bottle of blue hairdye, but was today really the day? Yes. What else did she have to do? It was six o'clock, she didn't even need to be in her office until nine. Putting on the gloves, she prepared the hair dye and stood in front of the bathroom mirror, taking deep breaths. She didn't like change, but maybe this would make Gin notice her. He used to like the color blue a lot, maybe he still did. The dye was finally ready. She took a deep breath and began to put the dye into her hair. After the girl had finished, she made sure she didn't miss anything and let it sit for about 25-30 minutes. "Its time." She took a deep breath and hopped into the shower, washing all of the blue hair dye out with cold water, making sure to condition it so it wouldn't be rough. She finished her shower, and quickly got out to look at her hair. Although it was wet, making it a bit darker, she fell in love with it. She smiled and looked over at the clock. "Six-Forty Five." She mumbled to herself. "I think I have enough time." Katrina smiled into the mirror and began to blow-dry her hair, which took about 20 minutes to get it fully dry. 'Curse my thick hair.' She groaned. It was now 7:05, but on the bright side, her waist length hair was beautiful. 

Katrina finished out with the rest of her morning routine and noticed it was only 8 o'clock. She sighed out of boredom. "Might as well head to the office and finish some paperwork." Putting on her Shihakushō and heading out towards her office, she heard laughter. It sounded like small children were outside her door. Cautiously, she opened the door and her suspicions were confirmed. "Emiko, Ashira, what are the two of you doing here?" She smiled down at the two children. Ashira was a small boy with green hair and charcoal eyes, his twin Emiko was the exact opposite. She had Charcoal hair and green eyes. The two of them were in the Seireitei quite often, and were very distant relatives of Katrina's 10th seat, Hoshiko Abarai. "We're here to bring you this! It was from Renji!" Renji Abarai, Hoshiko's brother and Katrina's secret admirer. She sighed and took the gifts inside, they looked to be food this time. However nonetheless, Katrina felt nothing for the Lieutenant of Squad Six, and him being a lieutenant she wondered how he found the time to send her things. 'Byakuya really needs to work that boy harder if he has enough time to send me gifts, and I think thats exactly what I'm going to tell him today.' She huffed. Katrina was not a force to be reckoned with. Although she had a nice appearance, she was another Retsu Unohana, but then again, no one really recognized that since few knew about the Squad Four Captain's past. 

Katrina was strong willed and unlike any other Captain in the 13 Court Guard Squads. She was hot-headed, but calm in situations where she probably shouldn't be. There are things that easily piss her off, and things you could never piss her off with. She's a total hopeless romantic, but she'd never show it. She's a complete introvert, but she's in love with the feeling of winning, of knowing she's superior. She's stands for what she believes in and refuses to back down, but if it turns out that she's without-a-doubt wrong, she'll be the first to apologize. She's headstrong. She's confident, but she's also insecure about herself.