8: coffee and talk

Chris' p.o.v.

There she was, right in front of me. The girl I fell for, the girl that had so much power over me, the girl that left me...

She walked inside the coffee shop busy talking to her phone, not noticing me at all. I stood up from my seat and walked towards her. She ended her phone call and froze when she saw me. She was still the same, that beautiful hair, those mesmerizing eyes, those lips...she was still perfect. I felt the familiar tugging of my heart, something I've missed so much.

"Hi Mel..." I started but lost my words when I saw the total panic in her eyes. Yeah, great opener Chris!

"Hi...Chris..." she said after some time. Somehow the panic in her eyes vanished and was replaced by something I can't really place.

"You look great." I said, oh god this is so awkward. I quickly glanced back at Jeremy who was still sitting at the table. But I focused on her again quickly.

"You too Chris." She said with a small smile. That smile meant something to me, it give...hope.

"Mel, I..." I started but got cut off by her.

"Chris...I think we need to talk. Maybe with some coffee?" She said, gesturing to the tables.

"Yeah, we need to talk."

"I'll leave you two alone for now." Jeremy said, getting up from his seat. He walked towards Mel and whispered something to her. She answered him with a nod and Jeremy walked out of the coffee shop.

"So... Germany?" I said after we both took our seats.

"Yeah..." she said with a guilty smile on her face. She looked so cute. Stop it Chris!

"How did you end up here?" I asked her, swirling my coffee around in the cup.

"Jennifer, my friend. She has a job here and an apartment that's way too big. So...yeah." She said looking down at her coffee.

"And Jason joined you..."

"He didn't really know I was here, but he found out and followed me. Nobody really knew about me being here, only my brother." She said, looking back to me.

I sighed. "I'm sorry Mel...for everything that happened. I know it's all my fault, I never..." I started but was cut off again by her.

"It's not all your fault Chris, it's mine too. There are things you don't know about me, things I don't want you to know because they would change the way you look at me." She said with a sigh. "I'm just too much to handle Chris..." She continued, now it was my time to cut her off.

"Don't say that Mel. You're not too much to handle, you're perfect the way you are and let nobody tell you otherwise. It may be true you had some difficult times in the past but that only made you stronger. You're such a beautiful woman Mel not only on the outside but also on the inside." I wanted to say so much more but I saw she was starting to tear up. I quickly took her hand in my hand and gave it a little squeeze.

"Please..." she said, taking her hand out of my grip. "I can't do this Chris." I knew what she was talking about and felt my heart drop. What were you even expecting Chris? Think she would just throw herself right into your arms.

"I understand, just know...that I'll be always there when you need me." I tell her with a reassuring smile.

"Friends?" She asks.

"Friends." I say, nodded my head with a smile. But my heart felt otherwise...

Mel's p.o.v.

"Ok, before you kill me know that I just did it to help you!" Jason pleaded when I entered the apartment.

"Jason..." I started but got cut off by him, throwing himself at my feet.

"Please Mel I'm much too young to die! I still have a whole life in front of me! Don't take that from me!" He ranted.

"Jason..."

"Think about Brendan! You think he will survive without me? So that would be killing two innocent people!" He continued.

"Shut up!" I yelled making look at me with wide eyes. "First of all, I'm not going to kill you. Secondly, Brendan would be fine without you."

"How would you know that?" He asked with a glare.

"Because he's an adult and much more grown up than you are." I said with a sigh. "And thank you."

"Thank you? Mel are you doing drugs or something?" He asked with a serious expression on his face.

"No you dumb panda!" I said hitting his arm. "I'm saying 'thank you' for what you did, I needed this." I explain him.

"Sooooo...you and Chris are...?" Jason said with a smile on his face.

"Friends, just friends." I tell, that's all I can be with him, nothing more than friends.

"Oh...ok. So where's my coffee?"

"Jason!" I said, hitting his arm again.

"Really Mel, my arm is going to fall off some day if you keep hitting it like that." He said with a pout while rubbing his arm.

I felt my phone buzz, telling me I had a new message.

Chris:
You and your friends want to
come and hang out on set tomorrow?

For some reason I smiled when I read his text and my heart did something funny. No Mel you're not feeling anything! Or am I?