ANNIE'S EPILOGUE

One year later…

So you’re probably wondering how the whole thing turned out?

Trev and Tess? My impromptu (real) wedding? My growing fashion biz? Chris and I?

Well, I can’t wait to tell you, because it’s been the best year of my life.

I'm afraid I can't give you major details on the TSquared situation, all I know is that the morning after we ruined, annihilated crushed and destroyed their dream wedding, they were gone. I’d asked at reception and apparently they’d checked out before sun up. And because we have no mutual friends anymore, what happened to them.. is still a mystery. Whether they got married and moved to London and are living happily ever after, with their great, really great, oh-so great law firm, I wouldn’t be able to tell you.  In retrospect, a year down the line, I do feel a bit bad. Everyone deserves love. Even Trev.

Me the mini-fashion mogul? Well Thembi has done a stellar job at getting our bags into stores country-wide. We’ve also since branched into dresses, and other accessories. We’re not going to be competing with Dior anytime soon, but we’re making a good living and a name for ourselves, which is beyond my wildest expectations. Sometimes I like to imagine what Sonja is thinking, it still gives me a warm and fuzzy sense of satisfaction. The Patels are also still there in the background with their fabric and colorful what- not’s. Still inviting us to cousin’s weddings and making Samoosas.

Eric and Jen are pregnant again, she cried for two days after seeing that second pink line.  Not to mention cursed Eric and threatened him with a “do-it-herself’ vasectomy. Very disturbing.

“I’ve just lost the weight, my vagina finally looks like a vagina again (over share),  will I ever sleep for the rest of my life…”

She wailed on the phone for days. But after going for her first scan and discovering that Sophie would be getting a brother, all that changed. They’re thrilled and are constantly sending me pictures of my soon-to-be nephew.

I moved to LA of course, to be with my HUSBAND. I can’t say that enough, husband. In fact, I try and slip the word into as many interactions as possible;

Grocery shopping- “Yes, my husband loves this cereal”

At the post office- “I’m just picking up this parcel for my hubby.”

To a total stranger in a parking lot- “Nice day isn’t it. My husband checked the weather forecast and it looks like it’s going to be hot and sunny for the next week.”

And don’t get me started on how much I love signing my name. Annie Lieberman.

And what of Chris’ movie? The critical acclaim he received after it was overwhelming, and so he’s started writing and directing interesting, obscure films where he gets to be more creative. He’s finding it more fulfilling, because he gets to show off his quirky sense of humor- that special thing that makes him Chris. It’s just a bonus that people are enjoying them and that he’s making a name for himself.

Living in LA has been a bit of a culture shock and adjustment- and since I’ve been here I’ve spotted two Kardashians and the other day (ironically) I passed Bradley Cooper in the street. Chris is much better looking than Brad C by the way! I’ve just set up a little shop selling some of my clothes, which is starting to go well. Americans do love a bit of an African vibe.

But the best part of the year?

It would seem that Sophie and her still un-named brother will be getting a cousin. And in true Chris fashion, he chose to announce it to the world by saying, “Hey everyone, just to let you know, I knocked my bitch up! BAM.” 

So maybe those happy Hollywood endings aren’t as far fetched after all?

Because I’m certainly the star of my own romantic comedy and living my happy ending everyday.