Chapter Thirteen : The Beginning

“Why?” Is this going to be like a corn maze and we have to find a way out?

 “You are doing it in a maze because this is the best way to test you both.” Richard looks at me. More like a test to see how well I will cooperate.

 It is a pretty big maze. Maybe 200 feet by maybe 300 feet. But, I can't see into it. The whole thing is a hedge.

 “How is that possible? How are we supposed to find a way out if it is so huge?” I ask in shock.

 “I see that he has told you how big it is. Yes, you will be able to find a way out. You must work together to get five items. Once you find all five, you then have to find the way out.” Richard responds.

 Zyko lands in front of the maze and walks towards the steps. Richard looks at him and they seem to be speaking with each other. How is that even possible? I thought only I can speak with him!

 I can speak with others when I want to. But, they can't just speak to me through this type of communication.

 Zyko looks at me and motions me to go to him with his head. I start to walk towards him until Richard grabs my wrist. The impact causes me to turn 180 degrees around and look right at him.

 “I know that you may not like this, but you both must work together. And you both must use magic if you need to use it. There is no way that you can deny it any longer. You are not going back, so move forward with this new life that has been created for you.” Richard pleads.

 “Why? Why me? This may seem cool and all, but it's not for me.” I justify.

 “Just do this and we will talk later, okay?” Richard asks.

 Please, I will not hurt you. Can you just work this out without any difficulties?

 “Just so you know, I will do this. But, it doesn't mean anything right now. We all will have to talk after wards. Understand?” I question.

 “Okay, I understand Ceyrll.” Richard agrees.

 I look at Zyko and he nods his head. I stare at him because I want to hear him say it. I won't make him talk, but he must tell me that he will.

 Fine, you have my word princess.

 Princess? What gives him the right to call me princess?

 I have every right to call you that my princess. And whether you like it or not, that is what I am calling you.

 Zyko stares at me. He turns his head, annoyed by my comment. He then snorts so loud that I swear it was thunder. I jump at the sudden noise. Richard laughs as he sees our argument.

 “Anyway, if you start now you might be able to finish around dinner. So if I were you two, I would get started. Good luck to the both of you.” Richard pats me on the shoulder and nods his head at Zyko before he leaves.

 Before dinner? Why does this have to take so long?

 Why, you don't want to spend time with me?

 “NEVER!” I scream at him.

 Then we should start so we can finish.

 As he said that, he sounds very hurt. I don't mean to hurt his feelings. It's just that I never intended to be in this world. He was born into it, he knows what he is supposed to do. Unlike me, I am a dog with no brain.

 Zyko walks towards the opening of the maze and lies down. I expect him to comment on my thought but he says nothing. That link that I can feel is no longer there. It's gone. Does what I feel hurt him so much?

 “Come on princess, we don't have all day.” Zyko spoke! Well ya, were alone but it doesn't feel like the way he speaks when we're alone.

 I walk towards him, I was about to stroke his shoulder but he then gets up. 'The worst dragon is an agitated dragon.' I remember what Richard told me earlier. Why didn't I just stuck to what he told me?

 “Zyko...” I began.

 “Save it. Let's just get these items so you can get back to your 'normal' life.” Zyko says half-heartedly.

 He motions for me with his front paw to go in first. So I walk in without further ado and he follows behind me. The opening closes so there is no escape we are surrounded by hedges.

 What is happening? How are we going to get out? I am stuck in a maze with a dragon who probably wants to kill me and eat me for lunch. What am I going to do?