Chapter Twelve : The Maze

Did he just say that he loves me? I then fall asleep to the heat of the fireplace and the exhaustion of the day. I dream about dragons and magic. How I was brought to this palace and I got my very own dragon.

I wake up refreshed. I open my eyes and I see a gigantic head right next to mine.

I scream ed so loud that the window broke. The eyelid shoots open.

“Are you okay?” He turns his head so he can get a better look at me. “Did you have a nightmare?”

“Ya, I”m fine. It wasn't a nightmare. It was just me dreaming about what happened yesterday. Then I wake up to see your head right next to mine.” I reassure him.

“It's about time to go down and start our training.” He gets up off the floor next to the bed. “I'll leave you alone so you can get ready. I”ll be right out the door if you need me.” He walks out of the room, closing the door behind him with his tail.

I get up and I realize that I am still in my dress from yesterday's party. I walk towards the closet and I open the door.

I squealed for the first time in my life. It was a walk in closet! I see dresses to ball gowns. And casual wear along with some way out-dated clothes from the '50s. I walk in letting my hand skim across everything. It was hard to choose, but for today's activity I decided to wear something more casual. I picked out a dark indigo skinny jean and a cashmere top.

I throw them over my arm and looked up. The shelves above the shoes are shoes galore! This would probably the hardest choice I ever had to make. I had to eliminate the heels and sandals. There would be no way I can do any sort of training in those. I finally made my decision and went with a pair of multicolored sneakers.

I walk out of the closet with all of my apparel into the bathroom. I put my stuff down onto the counter. I start to take my dress off and decided to take a nice warm shower. I walk into the shower and close the door. The water turns on automatically and hot water comes out. I clean myself up in about five minutes. I dry myself and put on my new clothes.

They feel so good and comfortable! I walk out of the bathroom and I look at myself in the mirror. My hair is a complete mess. So I brush it out painfully, then putting it into a fishtail.

“You look lovely.”

I turn around to see Zyko's enormous head in the doorway.

“Thanks. You look glistening as well.” I look at his head and I can see each and every drop of water on his fire red head.

He looks at himself and notices all of the water droplets on him. He walks all the way in and shakes himself like a dog. Getting water on everything.

“I'm guessing that it's time to go start our training.” I suggest.

“That is why I'm here. To take you to the back gate to meet up with Master Richard.” Alfred walks in from behind Zyko's enormous form.

“Good morning Alfred. We are ready I believe.” I look at Zyko and he nods his head in agreement that he is ready. “Please lead the way.”

Good morning Alfred.

“He also says good morning.” I say rolling my eyes at Zyko.

“Thank you.” Alfred bows to the both of us. “This way please.”

He walks out the door and turns right. We follow him in silence. We get to these two iron gate doors. Alfred opens the for us and we walk through.

Richard is sitting at a small table eating a croissant while reading a newspaper.

Alfred turns back around to leave. He walks back through the door and closes it behind him. It is so beautiful out here!

“Ceyrll, Zyko is it?” Richard asks.

Zyko nods his head but he doesn't say anything. Why does he have to be so stubborn?!

I am not stubborn. I just don't feel comfortable talking with other people other than you.

“Whatever.” I cross my arms across my chest. I just don't want to be his translator when he can perfectly speak to them!

Zyko just snorts out three puffs of smoke from his nostrils.

“Okay. I see that you two have already found out about your link.” Richard puts his newspaper down. “Have a croissant. They are fresh.”

I take one and Zyko looks at me. I'm taking that as he wants one. I take a bite and I can see that he is just dieing to try one.

Can you get me one, please?

“If you ask, I will give you one. But you must say it.” I tell him.

He breaths in heavily. “Can you get me one, please?” Zyko grunts.

I smile. “Sure. Here you go Zyko.” I toss a couple into his open mouth.

“Today, you will learn how to find each other. Ceyrll, one tip I can give you about dragons is don't make him do anything he doesn't want to do. The worst dragon is an agitated dragon.” Richard informs me.

Zyko nods his head up and down to say that he his right. Richard gets up and asks us to follow him. I follow him as Zyko flies over head. When did he learn to fly?

I learned this morning while you were getting ready.

Richard stops walking and points out past the balcony. “This is where you will be training today.”

I look out and I see a giant maze. “We're training in a maze!?”