Chapter Two : The Beady Black Eyes

As I keep walking I can feel someone watching me. I look around cautiously to see who may that person be. But nobody's there. Except the black limousine.

The black glossy coating of the limousine was shinning ever so bright in the sun. The back windows were tinted I can't see through the windows across the street. I think who ever is watching me is in the parked vehicle.

The chauffeur got out of the driver's side to open the door for who ever may be inside. As the person steps out, I can see that it is a gentlemen dressed in all black. Why would anybody want to wear all black when it is 100 degrees Fahrenheit outside? I am dying just with this over-sized tank top on.

He walks out of the limousine and crosses the street. He's coming towards me I notice. Is that a good or a bad thing? I don't think I want to know the answer to this one.

He continues across the street towards me. I decide it's time for me to keep going on my way to school. I turn around and start moving my twig like legs.

As I keep on walking towards Moorton High, I turn around expecting to see the strange man behind me. But I don't see him. Nor do I see his limousine down the street.

"BOO!!"

I turn around screaming while throwing my arms in all directions.

"Calm down. It's just me. Have you forgotten me already?" Edmund asks.

"It's only you." I say through clenched teeth. Breathe in, one two three, breathe out, one two three. Controlling my breathing hoping I don't end up in the hospital with a heart attack.

"What's your problem? It seems as if you've seen a ghost. I always do this to you. Why are you so shaken up?" Edmund always wants to get down to the information when it comes to questions.

I tell him what happened no more than five minutes ago. He looks at me with utter awe etched all over his face.

"To me it sounds as if the Grim Reaper finally found you!" Edmund ends in his obnoxious 'victory' laugh.

"Edmund, I have to go. I'll talk to you later." I walk off without taking a second glance at his worried face.

"Ceyrll! I'm sorry! Come back! I'm sorry!" Edmund screams.

I run off not wanting him to follow me. This is serious but he thinks it's a joke. What a friend he is. I continue off to the school. It's all a nightmare. I'll walk into ceramics and reality will be back on track.

As I step into class he's the first thing or person I see. The man in the black outfit. What is up with him and being everywhere? He looks at me as I walk in. He's wearing sunglasses. Why would he need to wear sunglasses indoors?

"Hello. Welcome to class. I am your new ceramics teacher. My name is Mr. Salvatore. I will be teaching from now to the end of the school year." He explains looking at me, I think.

I go over to my table and I start to get my equipment together to make a new pot. I really enjoyed this class when Mrs. Nocatrine was the teacher.

Who really is this man? Why is he everywhere I am? What happened to Mrs. Nocatrine? I have so many questions that need to be answered. And I have a feeling that Mr. Salvatore has all the answers I need.

"Now class, please get to your seats. Get your materials ready and begin making your creation." Mr. Salvatore was a little too cheery when he said that.

I was halfway done by the time he started walking around. He was talking to each of my classmates for a minute or two. I realize that I am the last that he talks to as of my class.

"Hello. What is your pot supposed to look like Ms. Lashfire?" Why is he looking at me like that? With dimples in his cheeks while raising his eyebrows. And how does he know my name?

"Hi. I don't know what it's going to look like yet." I realize how bad my master piece looks like.

When I look up at him again he's not exactly looking at me. I look in the direction that his eyes seem to be looking at. He's looking at my 'burned' hand!

"What happened to you Ms. Lashfire?" His hand races so fast that I had no time to react. His hand was touching the mark.

It was all I could do was scream. The last thing I remembered before I fell unconsciousness were the beady black eyes I have only seen in my nightmares.