Chapter Ten : Zyko

What? How does he know it's a boy? I was just getting the hang of this magic and dragon stuff. And I was also hoping that it would be a girl! It would be so much easier.

“Ceyrll, it's a baby boy dragon!” Richard exclaims.

Jeremy takes the egg shell away and the baby is still in my left hand. He squirms and flings all four of his legs straight up in the air.

“What's wrong with his eyes? Are all dragons born with pitch black eyes?” If it does, I will never be able to look into his eyes.

“There is nothing wrong with his eyes. That is how most baby dragon's eyes look like. And not always. They start off with different colors than what their actual eye color is. Just this one decided to start off with pitch black eyes.” Jeremy examines the baby with his eyes.

“Now, for the baby to get his real eyes you must put your palm with the Malafia on him.” I start to put my hand on him when Richard stops me .

“Wait. We have to find your dragon's Malafia. That is the final stage for you and his connection.” Richard explains.

“I don't see one. How am I am supposed to complete the bond?” I hope I can't complete the bond. Please, please, please! I want nothing to do with magic or dragons.

“You know the symbol on your Malafia?” Jeremy inclines.

“Ya, I thought it was a serpent the first time I saw it.” I took a look at my Malafia.

“Well Ms. Ceyrll. That 'serpent' is actually a dragon. What you have to do is put your hand on the dragons stomach.” Jeremy tells me.

“What you do then is that you put the hand with the Malafia on the dragon.” Richard tells me in modern English.

“I have to touch it!?” This is so disgusting.

“He may look slimy but he is as soft and delicate as cotton.” Jeremy says defensively.

“You should do it now. The sooner the connection is done, the better the connection will be.” Jeremy and Richard nods their heads in unison.

I take a deep breath. Will this hurt? What happens once I touch the dragon? I look into the baby's eyes. Can he see? Will he ever hurt me?

I out my hand on my dragon's belly. I hear a growling noise. Except this time, it didn't come from the baby dragon.

The Malafia on my palm has come to life! The dragon swam in circles on my palm. It traveled to my fingers and went to the dragon.

It like split in half! But it looked the exact same. As if they were twins! That makes so much sense! We are linked together like twins!

One of the identical dragons travel back through my fingers to it's place on my palm. They both start to glow bright red. Like fire!

The dragon's eyes were changing colors. What's going on? Once the eyes stopped changing he had red eyes. He looks at me and cocks his head.

“He is so adorable!” I exclaim.

He then jumps out of my hand and onto the floor. I screamed. I was worried that he may have cracked his head or even killed himself.

But he's like a cat! He lands right-side up with all fours on the floor. He starts to walk around. Probably trying to figure out what is this place.

He sniffs the area and he see's his broken egg shell. He wobbles over and crawls in.

He looks so comfortable. Richard walks over to me and puts his hand on my shoulder.

“Wasn't that just amazing!” He exclaims.

“What now? I have a dragon.” I can't exactly go back to school. Everyone will think that I am crazy.

“You train. You and your dragon. You two need to learn to work together as a team and separately.” Richard gives me a pat on my shoulder.

“What do I name him?” Since I'm stuck will him he needs a name. I can't just keep calling him 'him'.

“He will tell you his name when he knows.” Richard explains.

I hear rumbling noises and I see my dragon two times the size he was before. What just happened to my dragon? Did he just have a growth spurt or something like that?

I watch my dragon grow and grow. How big is he going to be? He stops when he is at least twelve feet tall.

He looks down at me with his three foot long head. He cranes his neck down and looks straight at me.

His scales are so beautifully glistening. His scales are red, but when he moves it looks as if he is on fire. He is so beautiful! Why does he have to be so pretty? When they describe dragons in books, that is nothing compared to the real thing.

“Hello. My name is Zyko.”