Chapter 4 - Feelings

The third class soldiers retuned to there rooms, Genesis sighed and lied down on his bed, his arm still throbbing in pain he removed the top half of his clothing leaving black leather trousers on, he looked to where the bandage was on the centre of his left arm to see it was soaked in a crimson liquid, Angeal was starring at his childhood friend with concern, "I'll get the first aid kit" he said going in a built in cupboard on top of his bed, Angeal removed the blood soaked bandage from Genesis to reveal a very dark brused arm, he then tied a fresh bandage soaked in anethesteic, which made Genesis wince from the sting, "trust you to get into a rough squabble with the General" Angeal said sarcastically, "humph... was it really my intentions or was I just being singled out again?" Genesis said back almost forming a smirk, Angeal lightly smiled, "you really like him don't you?" he said to his auburn haired friend, Genesis was not in the mood for covering his answers with other questions so he simply replied with "indeed" a curved smirk then forcefully came across his lips, he was not at all bothered about what other people thought unless it was Sephiroth. Angeal was now satisfied with a real answer, so he therefore didn't ask about anything else, he returned to his own bed and let the thoughts of soldier consume him.

-

Sephiroth walked into Director Lazards warm office, Lazard was sat behind his desk with stacks of forms in front of him, Lazard was a calm with a great scence of serenity about him. Sephiroth always felt at ease around Lazard, Lazard had shoulder length blonde hair, he wore a blue suit with white trousers and white gloves, he had sharp blue eyes beneath his thin glasses. "I need you to fill in recommendation forms for the third class soldiers, how are they coming along?" he asked the General twirling his pen in hand, Sephiroth glared at the well organised man and replied "they could be better..." Lazard should have known Sephiroth would have such a blunt reply. Sephiroth leaned against the wall folding his arms, "that it?" he questioned "for now, just get the recommendations done, we need to promote some soldiers to second class" the Director said moving some forms towards Sephiroth, Sephiroth sighed and took the forms leaving the room.

Sephiroth sat in his apartment on his black leather sofa glancing at the forms, he picked them up from the coffee table and looked through them, the forms had information on the Soldiers, at the top left hand corner had the Soldiers picture, the forms also had a line on the bottom for a signature from Sephiroth to recommend them to second class. Sephiroth carelessly scanned through the forms until he came across Genesis Rhapsodos' profile which sent a strange feeling through Sephiroth's body, it was like a rush of anxiety and adrenaline at the same time, Sephiroth had never had this feeling before, he didn't understand why the Soldier made him feel that way, for a moment Sephiroth was hypnotised by the picture of the cadet, he couldn't help but admire him. Sephiroth snapped out of his thoughts and began signing the forms, and Genesis was the first on the list.

-

Director Lazard stood in a large assembly room filled with decorations and drinks, everyone was wearing suits, the now second class soldiers were sat in a line before the director, Sephiroth stood next to him his arms folded neatly as he scanned the soldiers, he was starring deeply into cadet Rhapsodos' eyes, when the cadet looked back at Sephiroth, the General looked away, Sephiroth was curious on observing the soldier. "congratulations, you are now second class soldiers" Lazard spoke out to the select few that made it to second class, after a long speach Sephiroth congratulated them and took a seat at the back of the room with Lazard. Sephiroth begins sipping on champagne and scanning the room for Genesis, the feeling of anxiety was increasing whenever he knew the cadet was near, Lazard could see Sephiroth had something on his mind. Lazard put a hand on Sephiroth's firm shoulder, "something the matter?" he asked Sephiroth sighed, "it's nothing" he said facing Lazard, "hmm.. maybe you need to find a way to relax" Sephiroth took another sip of champagne and glared at Lazard, "maybe" he said in a dull tone.