Dear No One, Is That Even Legal?

Apparently my parents were the furthest thing from correct; Drive-Ins were making a comeback.

When we pulled into the crowded parking lot of what I remembered once being no more than a local park with creaky swings and old equipment, Eric took it upon himself to climb out of the car and walk around it to let me out. Like a gentleman.

"My Lady." He bowed, winking. I curtsied, trying my best to keep a straight face.

"Thank you, sir." I took my purse and jacket from the floor of the extraordinarily clean interior of the car before shutting the door gently behind me.

I felt his knuckles brush against mine as we headed up the small hill to the seating area.

My eyes drifted from the large crowd of couples sitting picnic style in the middle of the enormous, empty field, and to all the vendors set up sporadically around us.

"You want anything before we find a seat?" Eric spoke up beside me, aware of my wandering eyes.

"I could use a water." I shrugged, smiling. He nodded and led me toward the vendor, not even hundred feet away.

Any thought of wanting anything faded at the sight of the man standing in the small booth, no bigger than a refrigerator.

"Nevermind." I grabbed Eric's arm, stopping him before we could reach the vendor.

"What?" he questioned.

"I'm not thirsty anymore. Let's just go find a seat before the movie starts." I insisted, starting to make a move toward the huge projection screen displayed in the deeper part of the field.

"No, Kasey. Don't worry, I don't mind buying you a water." He nudged me with a laugh, giving my hand a tight tug as we approached the stand.

"Long time no see." Eric taunted, acting as if he saw the ass on a daily basis.

A hint of a smirk appeared on Callum's face as he glanced between the two of us.

"You know each other?" I attempted at conversation, shooting a questioning look Eric's way.

"Half-brother." He shrugged, then turned his attention back to Callum, "A couple waters." I shifted awkwardly on my feet as we watched Callum back up and crouch down to find the water in the cooler behind him. As he rose back to his full height, my mind couldn't help but question how the hell he was able to fit in the small space without his head breaking through the top of it.

"Keep the change, bro." Eric slapped a five on to the counter and took the bottles of water, handing one over to me as we walked away.

As we edged closer to the crowd of people, I sent a quick look over my shoulder at Callum.

He looked miserable. Cooped up in a small box like an abandoned puppy. I almost felt bad for him. Almost.

"Just in time." Eric grinned, laying out the blanket he'd brought and patting the spot beside him as he lowered himself on to it. I took it without hesitation.

Sometime during the first hour of the movie, Eric ended up so close that the smell of his cologne was so strong that I could almost taste it. His arm was loose over my shoulder, his thumb occasionally brushing against my bare shoulder beneath my cardigan.

That was as far as it went. If I was being honest with myself, some part of me had expected more. For him to force himself on me in some way.

"Kasey?" My head whipped up at the familiar voice.