Dear No One, Drive Ins Are Making A Comback

"Dear No One, have you ever met someone and thought, "you know what, you're a douchebag?"

I propped my chin on my hand as I stared into the eye on my laptop.

"If not, then I hope you never see the day. I can promise that you aren't missing out on that experience in life, it sucks."

I laughed quietly to myself, then reached for a pile of note cards stacked on top of my current book obsession, Haters and Other Drugs.

"Okay, guys. So a lot of you wrote on the Ask Ms. Nobody thread or sent me an email anonymously asking random questions. I've jotted down a few of them and am going to read and answer them."

Biting the inside of my cheek, I patted the sides of the cards until they were stacked neatly in my grip. I lifted my head back up with a smile and read the first question.

"Dear Ms. Nobody, what's you favorite color? Hmm, great question. I'd have to say royal blue, probably." I paused and moved on to the next question, "What's my favorite book? Do you really expect me to have an answer for that? If I had to, I'd say Little Things by Arin Ackle."

I went through a few other normal enough questions, able to answer them without much thought. It was toward the bottom of the stack that I had some trouble with the answers.

"Oh, this is a good one. Dear Ms. Nobody, why did you start this blog? Was it formed after a personal experience, brainstormed, or was it just a last minute decision? Well, it's a long story. But yes, it was created as a result of something that happened in my life."

I waved my hand in the air, brushing the question off before I could get emotional or forget I was recording and breakdown.

"But that's a story for another time, as is the next few cards here. I'll tune back in next Sunday with more confessions and questions. Until then, I bid you a goodbye. Have a great week guys and remember to keep your head up and smile. With lots of love and virtual hugs, Ms. Nobody."

I tucked all of the cards into my nightstand drawer as I waited for the video to upload, my lips smacking against each other loudly as I waited anxiously. When the video had reached around ninety-nine percent a notification from my outdated Facebook account appeared in the far corner of the screen. I frowned, leaning forward and hitting the notification once I was sure the video had uploaded.

I felt my hands freeze in mid air above my keyboard when I saw the message, my heart seeming to stop for a fraction of a second.

I know your secret

My eyes flickered toward the name at the corner of the chat box, frowning when the name was nothing more than some ridiculous superhero name.

It was obviously some sort of joke, probably Jordan or some jealous ex of Eric's trying to freak me out. I decided to not give them the satisfaction of responding and closed my laptop.

I stretched my arms over my head as my eyes roamed my closet for something casual and warm to wear over my Only People Who Read The Book Will Understand t-shirt. I decided on one of my sister's old pale blue cardigans she had given me as a hand-me-down a couple years ago.

I pondered with the thought of going through the front door for a couple minutes before deciding that I'd be better off shooting my parents a text and leaving out back.

I threw my purse over my shoulder and hit my lights on the way out. My parents and Kassandra were too involved with the latest episode of some Lost ripoff to notice the sound of the back door clicking shut.