Chapter 31

Deafening. 

That was the only way to describe the arena. It seemed that not a single pair of lungs weren't in use right now. All except for my own. I was holding my breathe, trying not to breathe, afraid the simple action would somehow throw off the balance. 

Relax.

Breathe.

It'll be alright. 

 Harry's fist had smashed right into Damien's smirking mouth, first his right hand and now he was swinging his left, blow after blow. Harry gave him no mercy. Damien desperately tried to back away, but it was no help. He stumbled over his own feet and dropped onto his back, staring up at Harry in shock as the curly haired boxer landed on top of him.

Harry was always scary when he fought. Terrifying even sometimes, he was quick and strong but undeniably dangerous in the ring. He proved it well right now. It was only seconds after Damien hit the ground the bell rang, signaling this rounds end. I let out my breathe and zeroed in on Harry's face as he turned around. Red blood that wasn't his own stained his cheek, as if a painter threw her brush at the canvas. I shivered at how completely menacing he looked under the light, lethal almost. In a way, I'm surprised I even had the nerve to speak to him when we first met. Especially knowing he was a person so potentially deadly. 

"See, nothing to worry about" Louis commented slyly, shooting me a cheeky smile before the bell rang again. Damien had now been dragged onto his feet again and gave the world a whole new look, but mainly Harry, it was complete and utter, rage. The terrifying kind too, Damien looked like a psychotic murderer who had been ticked off.

Again, the two boxers circled the ring, hopping on the balls of their feet steadily, testing each others boundaries. I could physically see how much more guarded Damien had become after his fall, and even more determined as well. 

I had to restrain myself from chewing my nails as the blows to one another progressed. A particularly hard left hook to Harry's shoulder made me nearly fall off my seat. My body was anxiety ridden to say the least, and as if it wasn't enough that Harry now had a damaged shoulder, things heated rapidly. Damien gave Harry no recovery time, revenge was laced in every hit.. The almost rhythmic beating Harry was taking seemed endless. I wanted nothing more than to run to him and stop it all. Hit after hit Harry stepped backwards, he was falling into his own trap. With each second he got closer to the corner before finally, he was stuck inside, taking a beating from left and right. Damien's gloves came in contact so often to Harry's skin, his normal tan was turning a dark purple around his shoulders and jaw. Levy was yelling frantically at him from the side of the ring, ordering him to make his move and get out of there but Harry couldn't. It was obvious when finally, Harry's body gave into the beating it was taking and just collapsed to the floor in a heap. The bell rang and I was already racing down the steps and towards them. 

"You can't be here" a security guard ordered sternly, his arm outstretched to block my entry to the floor. We were only a few feet away from the ring and the fact that he had stopped when I was so close to Harry made my blood boil.

"I'm a doctor, you will let me through" I demanded aggressively, he seemed shocked such rage could come from a girl who looked so innocent. His arm slowly dropped, his eyes never leaving my enraged face until I took off past him.