Eleven

Luke's POV

"So you're coming to the party at Maddie's right?" Michael had been bugging me all day, about this stupid party. He knows I don't do parties anymore.

"I already told you no." I grumbled at him.

"Dude, come on! Stop be so shitty about everything, live little mate."

"For the last time Michael, I'm not coming!"

"Well what else better do you have to do?"

"Nothing, I just don-"

"Great, I'll pick you up tomorrow then. Bye!" he walked backward as he spoke, before turning and getting on his bus.

God he is a sneaky little shit.

Oh well he will just have to be disappointed tomorrow when I don't go. Like I told him in the first place.

I sling my bag over my other shoulder and walk out of the school. I see Calum talking to Lacey again. I don't understand why he doesn't just listen to me. She's bad news.

He knows exactly why I don't want to be friends with her yet he still pushes it. 'Come on Luke, she not that bad' 'give her a chance Luke'

Not in a million years. Over my dead body.

I continue to walk home, drowning in my thoughts.

My house isn't big, but it's not small. It's kind of old too. The outside is pale yellow and white, kind of like a little girl's doll house I guess.

I walk up the drive way and in the front door.

"Mum! I'm home!"

"Hi honey," she says as she walks around the corner. I prepare myself for the usual list of question that are routinely asked every afternoon after school.

"How was your day?"

"Alright."

"How are the boys?"

"Alright."

"How are you're classes going?"

"Alright."

"Anything happen at school?"

"No."

"Any homework?"

"No."

"Did anyone try anything?"

"No, mum, they didn't. Just stop treating me like a baby, I can handle myself now! I don't need your help! I'm fine by myself!"

I dumped my bag and walked away.

"I just get worried about you, since, since..." she tried to yell after me, but she slowly trailed off.

My scar began to sting, I rubbed it, trying to soothe the sharp pain.

Annoyed at mum, and the irritating pain, walked upstairs to my room.

I pulled my shirt over my head and stood in front of the mirror. I traced my fingers along the jagged scar, the painful memories flooding back. I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to forget. But I know it's impossible.

I pushed a little bit harder as I got do to the bottom of my rib cage, hoping it would ease the pain. Much to my disappointment it didn't.

I decided to have a hot shower, usually it helped to soothe the pain, at least when it got this bad.

---

I haven't even done anything all day. Not that I ever really do. Ever since, well... since, for about a year now, I haven't really gone out.