Five

I woke up to the blinding light that was flooding my bedroom. Groaning, I rolled over to check the time 10:15am, not too bad. Deciding I did not urgently need to get up, I let my head fall on the pillow for another 10 minutes. Which soon turned into 20. And then 30. Though it still gave me plenty of time before I had to leave.

It had been a slow week and this weekend was long awaited. I am starting to feel confident that I can change my ways by the end of the year, but then I am gradually developing a strong hatred toward Luke, which I'm sure is the same in his case.

I feel like that is the one weak link in the chain. It pulls me back to my past self, constantly mocking me. As if having that sense of hatred won't let me change and it knows that it can stop me, so it stands in my face taunting me with scenarios of me falling back into my old ways, nearly making believe every chance I have is hopeless. It stands there staring me in the eyes saying 'you can never leave me behind, I'm always with you'.

But I must remember that feeling is a part of me, I can control it. But I also can't.

I turn on the shower and let the water run over me, the heat soothing my back. I quickly wash my hair and body before getting out. I change into a pair of dark denim jeans, a dark blue and purple bandana design singlet, and my favourite red vans. Grabbing my wallet, I check the time, seeing I only have a few minutes before Calum and Michael come to pick me up.

Hearing a loud honk of a car horn I run out to Calum's old red sedan laughing to myself. I don't really know why his car was so funny, it just amused me that this is his car, I just didn't expect him to have an old beat up sedan, but I don't know what I expected anyway.

"Hey hey hey!"

"Hey Lacey," Calum and Michael both shouted from the front seats.

"Where are we off to today boys?"

"Well we thought we could go get some ice cream in town, and then head to the arcade?" Michael explained as Calum started the car.

"Sounds awesome!"

We arrived at the local ice creamery, and my my the ice cream looked good! I immediately spotted cookies and cream, my all time favourite ice cream. I ordered and sat down at a table, still waiting for the boys to decide.

"Well took your time."

"Yea well there are a lot of flavours," Calum complained sitting down with his ice cream, followed by Michael.

"I see you opted for cookies n cream? Good choice," Michael stated, taking a bite of his chocolate ice cream.

"Sure did. Can't overlook a good cookies and cream."

"Fair enough reason, it is a good flavour, I suppose. I went for chocolate because chocolate is chocolate."

"Great discovery Einstein!"

"Shut up Lacey."

"So Calum, what flavour did you get?" both of us intensely staring at him across the table.

"I got strawberry," he said with a cheesy grin on his face, he nearly looked like a little girl showing off her new plastic jewelry set.

We all devoured our ice cream in such a manner that would put a vacuum to shame. We all stood up and threw our rubbish in the bin near the exit, and decided to head over to the arcade.

All three of us immediately ran to the basketball hoop game. We played on it for ages, until Calum accidentally broke it by getting a ball jammed in it. After a rather loud outburst of laughter we unsubtly 'sneaked' away, not that it was really sneaking at all we made that much noise, crashing into different games. That's when we noticed the dance star game.