Chapter 26 (Getting upset)

Chapter 26

After school on Tuesday, Finn insisted that I go over to his place for a little while. He wanted to make sure I was safe or something like that. As soon as we stepped inside, Sebastian rushed over to us, concern evident on his face.

“What’s wrong, uncle S?” Finn asked.

“Finn, I need to tell you something, NOW!” Sebastian told him worriedly, grabbing Finn by the sweater, trying to drag him away. When they got to the staircase, Sebastian smiled at me apologetically and just pushed Finn down the stairs.

I was about to follow them, but I had no idea where they went. Plus, it was probably a private matter. I decided to wait for Finn in the living room. I plopped down on the soft leather couch and rested my feet on the coffee table, trying to make myself comfortable.

After about 5 minutes of waiting, I got bored so I took my phone out of my pocket. I had one new text message. It was from Tyler. “Where R U.?”

“@ Finn’s place,” I texted back.

“R U okay?”Came Tyler’s instant response.

“Yeah. Y.”

“No reason,” he replied.

I rolled my eyes. Tyler was a horrible liar. Always has been, always will be. I could tell he wasn’t telling the truth, even though I couldn’t actually see him right now. Also, who asks if you’re okay for ‘No reason’?

“Liar,” I accused. “What’s wrong?”

“Tell U L8R.”

I flipped my phone shut as Finn walked in the living room, looking all angry and annoyed.

“Next time tell me something I don’t already know!” he turned his head and shouted at Sebastian—who came up the stairs behind him.

“I’m just saying, if you know anything else, let me know.” Sebastian explained patiently.

Finn scowled and mumbled something incoherent.

“Are you okay?” I stood up from the sofa and walked towards him.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Finn turned to me and gave me a tight smile. He waved Sebastian away and held my hand “Hey do you want some ice cream? We’ve got your favourite--.” He asked, trying to change the subject.

“Finn,” I started, “Just tell me, I can handle it.”

“No, you can’t.”

“Finn—“

“Bianca! Just forget it!” Finn snapped, “It’s nothing!”

My jaw dropped. This was the first time Finn has ever yelled at me. I regained my composure and briskly spun around on my heels. I stormed out of the living room, towards the door. “Fine! Don’t tell me! See if I care!”

“Wait, Bianca,” Finn responded in a much softer—almost pleading tone. “I didn’t mean it like that!”

He voice was cut off by the sound of his front door slamming behind me. I ran in the direction of my house, listening to the rhythm of my running shoes slapping against the pavement. Tears started spilling down my cheeks and I muffled a sob.

When I got home, I realized my mom wasn’t there. I wiped a few stray tears off my face and decided to call Tyler.

“Hello?” Tyler answered.

“Hey.”

“Are you okay? You sound sick.”

“I’m fine,” I sniffled,” so what did you want to tell me?”