Chapter 12 (Mystery man)

Chapter 12

I opened the front door of my house, and heard my mom running down the stairs. Shit! Shit. Shit, shit, shit! What am I going to do now? I’ve been gone for 2 weeks! I’ll probably never be allowed to leave my house until my 50th birthday or something. Deep breaths, okay, just lie and tell her you went to sea world or something, moms like seaworlds…..

Mom’s voice interrupted my thoughts. “Bianca! Bianca, is that you?”

“Yeah, it’s me.”I answered quietly.

My mom gave me a firm hug and that’s when the telling started. “where were you!? I’ve been worried sick! Did you even THINK about calling to tell me you were going somewhere? I was about to call the police if you didn’t come home today!”

“SeaWorld.” I said quietly.

“What?”

“I went to SeaWorld,” I said even though it came out sounding more like a question.

My mom stared at me blankly. Finally, she said, “so, you went to SeaWorld… for 2 weeks…by yourself?”

“Not by myself. With Tyler.” That wasn’t a total lie.

“Oh.”

If I said I went with anyone other than Tyler, my mom would probably rip my head off. Since I’ve know Tyler my whole life and he’s the only one that my mom trusts.

“You’re grounded, for 3 weeks.” My mom said sternly.

I nodded and trudged upstairs to my room. My punishment was better than I thought, I should be happy. I picked up my phone and dialled Finn’s number.

“Yeah?” answered Finn.

“Hey, Finn.”

“Bianca,” Finn said after he finally realized who was calling. “What’s up?”

“I got grounded.”

“For how long?”

“3 weeks.”

“That’s not bad.”

“How’s Tyler?” I tried to change the subject.

“He’s the same.” Replied Finn. “Zack and Sebastian are working on the healing thing.”

“’Hey Finn!’ I heard Zack shout in the background. “I need you to the store to get me some stuff from the grocery shop.”

Finn sighed. “What do you need now?” he yelled back.

“Pie! And toilette paper! We’re all out. Oh yeah, tell your girlfriend I said hi!”

“Sorry Bianca, I gotta go, hard to keep a fat angel alive.” Finn hung up on me.

Finn hung up as Zack walked towards him.

“So, are you going to get me some pie?” Zack asked. (Now I know what’s called young at heart…..When is he ever gonna grow up?)

“Seriously?”

“Uh, yeah!” Zack sat on the couch in the living room and took his DS out of his pocket.

Finn sighed.  Just as he was about to go and get Zack some pie, Sebastian called them from upstairs. “Finn! Zack! Come upstairs and meet me in the library!”

Zack put his DS in his pocket and followed Finn, who snapped his fingers and appeared upstairs. They walked in the library, Zack picked up a random hardcover book and fell down in a chair. Finn walked to the old wooden desk at the back of the library. He searched around.

“What are you finding?” asked Zack, he placed his book on the chair and got up.

“The key,” answered Finn. He ducked under the table and searched for secret buttons.

“For what?”

“Secret library.” Explained Finn. His eyes landed on the old-fashioned globe.

“Oh”

Finn picked up the globe and stared at it for a while. He finally set the globe back on the desk, and spun the globe around twice and pressed his finger lightly on the peak of Mount Everest. “The touch of supernatural.” Finn smiled to himself.

The bookshelf on the left of the desk swung open, revealing a door.

“Sweet!” said Zack excitedly as he rushed towards the door.

Zack pushed the door open and Finn followed him inside. The only differences are that the secret library is smaller and there is a long table in the middle of the room.

“Good, you found me. I knew you aren’t that stupid,” Sebastian said to his nephew. He was sitting at the table with stacks of worn-out, leather-bound books in front of him.

“Wow. Thanks.” Finn muttered. Zack snickered.

Sebastian stood up and walked to one of the book shelves. He pulled a book off the shelf and blew a layer of dust that was on the cover. “A-ha! Found it!” Sebastian accidentally inhaled some of the dust and started coughing loudly.

“What? What did you find?” asked Zack.

“Old…Ancestor…Tyler….Heal..” Sebastian said between coughs.

“What?” Zack repeated.

Sebastian coughed a few more times and cleared his throat. He carefully placed the book on the table and flipped through the thick leather papers “Right here.” He said as he pointed to a paragraph under a bold-letter title that read ‘Demon bullets’.

“Aren’t these books written for angels to fight off demons?” asked Zack as he looked curiously around the library. He turned to Sebastian and asked again: “Why do you have them?”

“It’s always nice to know about powerful weapons, just in case you know, people want you dead.” Sebastian shrugged.

“It says on the book, “Started Finn, who brought Sebastian and Zack’s attention to the main topic, “that there is only 1 way to make Tyler heal completely and get his powers back.”

“A shot of the demon bullet, the deadliest of them all. Will eventually cost an angel’s life. Though a drop of Alexander’s blood, will bring hope to the guardian of heaven….”

The room grew silent, everyone knew Tyler’s chances is very little, very very little. Even though Tyler’s still alive, he would eventually die within a month, or 2 months if he’s lucky. A drop of Alexander’s blood…. Everyone knows that his blood heals all illness and wounds, but Alexander himself have disappeared from the world 2000 years ago…..

As an immortal, Alexander was the uncommon of the uncommon. First, he was a half-breed, but most importantly, his parents are also half-breeds. This makes him…. Well we don’t really know how we call his type, he was the only “Second generation half-breed “ever recorded in history.

His special background granted him power, more than 10 times of a normal immortal’s power. It also gave him extra abilities, from both angel and demon’s sides. Alexander soon became a legend, with his powers, he went to the human world and protected the 3 families. During his 200 years stay in the human world, no one dared to hurt the family members…..

From that time on, there are many sayings for what happened. The most convincing saying is that, he was betrayed by a trusted best friend. The friend announced to everyone that Alexander’s blood can heal all illness and wounds. ALL of them, no exceptions. People started to team up to capture Alex. At first, he could still fight them off. Over the next 10 years, more and more people came and Alexander eventually got captured. That’s when people started making business from him, they took his blood and sold it to whoever needed them.

At his last capture when he tried to escape again, the people took his parents and killed them right in front of Alex. After that, he mysteriously disappeared from his prison and never showed up anywhere again. Now 2000 years past, and we still haven’t seen him in any of the 3 worlds…..

Finn sat down on the chair for a moment and stood up again.

“I’m going to heaven.” He announced.