Chapter 16 (Hero to the rescue)

Chapter 16

Zack and I were standing beside Michael’s black van, staring at it. It was parked in the garage of this old house. Probably one of Michael’s meeting spots in the state.

“So, how exactly are we gonna do this?” I asked impatiently after Zack searched if anyone is here.

“Hotwire it,” Zack replied casually. He inspected the van carefully.

“Have you ever tried this before?”

Zack gave me a what-do-you-think glare. “I’m an old, bored, immortal angel. What else would I do in my free time?”

I shrugged. “Good point.”  Suddenly, my phone started to ring. I checked the caller I.D.

“It’s Finn” I announced.

“Answer it, he’ll be suspicious if you don’t.” Said Zack. I walked a few steps away from the car as I answered the call. “Hey,” I started.

“Where are you?” Finn asked worriedly.

“I’m fine, don’t worry.” I said quickly, “I had to go home.”

“Oh.” There was a disappointment in Finn’s voice. “Maybe I can come over...?”

“No!” I yelled. “I mean, I’m busy right now.... taking a shower.”

“All the more reason to come over.” I imagined Finn smirking while saying that.

I smiled. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Bye!” He hung up.

I shut off my phone and turned back to the van. I saw Zack sitting in the driver’s seat with the car door somehow open. The engine roared to life as Zack poked his head through the window. “Hurry up! Getting caught in the king of hell’s car is something you DO NOT want to do!”

I rushed to the passenger’s side and hopped in. Just as Zack was about to step on the gas pedal, someone appeared in front of the van.  It was Michael.

“Holy shit! I told you so, Bianca!” Zack yelled. With a snap of fingers, he was gone.

Before I can react, Michael growled: “So we meet again, Bianca.”

“So how have you been?” Michael asked again when I didn’t respond. He strolled the empty driver’s side and sat beside me. He started to tie a strong rope around me, binding me to the passenger’s seat of his van. “Miss me?”

“what are you doing?” I asked as I struggled to break the rope’s tight grasp.

“It’s just a little revenge for trying to take my beloved car.” Michael answered smugly.

“Screw you.”

Michael chuckled. “You can screw me all you want if you live through tonight. It’ll take about 2 hours for the smoke to fill the garage and the car with the engine on.... 2 hour for your half-breed brother to come and save the day. Have fun trying not to choke to death.” Michael finished tying a huge butterfly knot in front my boobs and signaled about ten demon guards to guard the garage from the outside. He winked at me and with a snap of fingers, he’s gone. Asshole.

Finn put on his leather jacket and stuffed his car keys in his pocket. He was about to go out and get a drink when Zack suddenly appeared in the living room.

“Bianca’s in trouble!” Zack blurted out in a panicked tone.

Finn stopped at the front door and turned around to face Zack, “What did you say?”