Chapter 2 (About 30 versions)

I don’t even know how I got through the day with everyone knowing that Ryan and I just broke up. It was all over the school by 3rd period, with about thirty different versions of it going around. What hurt more was that Ryan started the rumor saying he broke up with me.

I honestly don’t know how I dragged myself out of bed this morning. Before I woke up, I was in bad shape, but now I’m so much that I can barely get out of bed anymore.

When I arrived at school, I was practically sleepwalking. I bumped into a bunch of people including Finn.

“Hey baby, do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again?” Finn said with his signature grin.

“Did you just use a cheesy pick up line on me?” I asked, shocked that he was even talking to me.

“It depends. Did it work?” Finn asked with looking innocent.

I rolled my eyes; I’m not in the mood to deal with him. I stepped in front of him and kept on walking. After a while, I felt like someone was following me, so I looked back and saw Finn walking behind me and doing his smirk thing.

Soon enough, it got annoying and creepy. How long was he goanna follow me? I’ve had it. If he wanted to tell me something, he can just say it straight to me.

I turned around and said:”hey look, if you wanna tell me something, you can just--”

Finn wasn’t there.

I’m probably just imagining things from lack of sleep.

When I got to the office, I could tell how happy Ms.Hensly was to see me.

“Hi, may I please have a late slip?” I asked as politely as I could.

“Bianca,” Ms.Hensly said sternly, “what was your reason for being late AGAIN?”

“Ms.Hensly, you don’t understand. I---”

“Do you know how many times you’ve been late in the past month?”

“No, but I--”

“24 times! Do you think that is acceptable behavior for a high school student?” Ms.Hensly interrupted for the second time in 5 minutes. “this is the last time you’ll be late, understand? I will see you after school for detention.” She shoved a green tardy slip into my hands and gave me a stern look.

What a bitch.

In science class, my eyes refused to stay open. I fell into a deep sleep until the bell woke me up.

On my way to English, I passed by Ryan in the hall and he bumped me hard, causing my books to fall. I quickly squat down to pick them up when Ryan leaned down and whispered in my ear, “I will make your life so miserable, that I wouldn’t be surprised if you drop out of high school because of me.” Then, he stood up, kicked my books again and gave me an evil grin I never even knew he had.

“Douche bag,” I muttered under my breath, as tear started to swell up in my eyes.

Suddenly, across the hall, I see Tyler shoving Ryan into a locker and said to him: “Stay away from her or I’ll come after you.” Then Ryan got pushed into another locker before Tyler came rushing across the hall towards me.

“Are you okay?” he asked as he helped me pick up my books which were scattered on the floor.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I lied.

“Here “he said handing me the books “I’ll take you to class.”

After lunch in the library, Sienna saw Finn sitting alone and walked over.

“Hey, hotty.” Sienna said to Finn and scooches over, “watcha working on?”

“Hey beautiful,” Finn said, “I lost focus when you walked over. So, any plans for tonight?” Finn answered raising his eyebrows.

“I can cancel them if you’d like….” Said Sienna excitedly.

“I’ll pick you up at 8?” suggested Finn.

“I’ll see you tonight!” said Sienna and skipped away.

Finn sat back in his chair and watched as Sienna disappears between the book shelves. He always wanted a nice and caring girlfriend, maybe; maybe she could be the one. On that thought, Finn picked up his books and smiled to himself. What he didn’t notice was that Sandra was watching him from a couple of meters away.

“Bianca!” Sandra shouted as she sprinted in their last period geography class. “You will never guess what I just saw in the library!” She then turned to the clock and exhales deeply, “good, I finally made it here.”

“What happened?” I asked as Sandra fell into her chair beside me, “what did you see?”

“Sienna was all flirty with Finn in the library and he even asked her out for tonight!” Sandra exclaimed “he even called her beautiful!” Sandra whispered to me, looking sad.

“Why do you care?” I asked, Sandra never cared about new kids no matter what they did. “Besides, he called me beautiful too.”

“He what? Really?” Sandra’s eyes widened in shock “and you didn’t even tell me? I thought I was your best friend!”

“I’m sorry; I didn’t think you’d care.” I explained, this was weird, what’s going on with Sandra today? Maybe, maybe she likes Finn and she’s jealous.

“Well I do care because he’s really really hot.” Sandra said to me just before our geography teacher walked in.