Chapter 11 (Road trip)

Chapter 11

I was sitting in the back seat with Tyler in Finn’s Porsche, Finn was driving and fat angel, who introduced himself as Zack, sat in the passenger’s seat playing Mario on a DS.  Today is the 3rd day of our little road trip. Finn had promised to get us home by tonight, probably because he noticed me getting more bored every hour. Zack only laughed when he saw the number of miles left to New York State, he patted Finn on his shoulder and went back to his video game. I seriously don’t understand what was funny about driving 800 miles in 7 hours.

“How are you feeling?” I asked Tyler for the 2nd time in half an hour. He looked weak and tired, so different from the energetic and excited best friend I had.

“I’m fine, I think I’ll survive the day,” answered Tyler in a tired voice.

“Um, Bianca? I think we’re getting home tomorrow morning instead, I don’t want to risk our safety driving at night….” announced Finn. “We’re going to our lunch stop right now.”

He turned into a smaller road leading off the main highway and started to follow signs that read: “route 70, rest stop.”

I sighed and nodded in agreement. “You’re right, besides, you and Zack need to switch, and you’ve been driving for 3 days now….”

“Are you saying that you actually care about me?” said Finn in a sarcastic tone, he turned around and grinned playfully at me.

“No,” I turned to the side window and bit my lip.

“You sure?” Finn asked again.

“Yes.”

“Couple’s fight,” laughed Zack.

We both just glared at him until he turned away uncomfortably.

Tyler suddenly started coughing and I immediately leaned over to pat on his back. Zack saw me and added:”Guess not a couple, the girl’s already taken…”

Finn shot a cold look at him and he shuts up.

Finn stopped the car and led the four of us in as fast food restaurant. He pulled and chair for me to sit and glanced at Tyler’s jealous face before walking to the counter to order. Tyler sat in the seat beside me and took my hand while Zack went straight to the bathroom.

Finn came back really fast with two trays stacked with food. He looked angry when he saw Tyler and I holding hands. He placed in tray in front of me and the other in front of himself across from me.

Tyler grabbed a burger, unfolded the wrappers and gave it to me. I held it up to my mouth and took a bite. Finn immediately shot his “back-off-or-I’ll-kill-you” face to Tyler and started squeezing ketchup from the plastic bag on my fries.

Before I can do anything, we heard Zack coming back from the washrooms. “Ooooooo I thought the girl’s already taken, but…. It looks like we’re still in the fighting mode.”

“Shut up!” Tyler, Finn and I all said at the same time.

Zack laughed. I started blushing, which made him laugh even harder. Finn gave him the “We- will-discuss-about-this-later” glare while Tyler gave him the “I’ll-rip-you-apart-when-I-have-time” glare. Zack shuts up and grabbed a huge hotdog from Finn’s tray.

We arrived at Amityville just past 2 in the morning. As we went by my house, I saw my mom’s room still had lights on. She must be working late today. That reminded me that I’m soooooo going to get grounded when I get back. Right now, we’re going to Finn’s place, Tyler is going to stay there with Zack until he’s fully healed.

We drove in the front Gate of the mansion, past the front yard and parked in the back where there was a small parking lot. Before Finn can knock on the door, uncle Sebastian invited us in. “Nice to see you again kid, sensed you just when you past the state borders.” Said Sebastian to Finn. He then noticed me and came to shake my hand: “Hello again Bianca, I’m surprised that you would make another visit after you found out the um….. secret…”

“I am too.” I replied tiredly.

“Why don’t you all go get some rest and we can talk in the morning.” Suggested Sebastian, his eyes landed on Tyler and asked:  “Did you get hurt kid? Come on, follow me upstairs.”

Uncle Sebastian dragged Tyler away.

“I don’t care about sleep, I’m hungry!!” said Zack as he headed to the kitchen.

That left just me and Finn.

He led me to his room again, it looked the same as last time. Only a map of Las Vegas was left on the bed.

“If you read the map before going to Las Vegas, why not bring it with you?” I asked him.

“No need, I memorized the whole thing because we’re rescuing you, I wanted to be prepared.” He grabbed the map and threw it in his closet.

“Oh.”

I looked around again, trying to not show the nervousness on my face.

“So….Where am I going to sleep?” I asked.

“In the bed.”

“And where are you going to sleep?” I asked him, raising my eyebrows.

“In the bed.”

“uh?”

“Don’t worry,” he chuckled, “Pillow wall.” He picked up the pillow from his armchair and threw it on the bed. He walked to the right side of the bed and sat on there. “Come! Get some sleep, you need to be ready for whatever your mom’s going to do to you tomorrow.”

I nodded and collapsed face down on the left side of the bed, I was too tired to care, whatever my punishment is tomorrow, I need to be ready for it.

Finn smiled. “Good Girl.” He pulled the blanket over my back and lay down. He snapped his fingers and the light went off.

At night I had nightmares, I dreamed about Michael and his followers. They caught me while I was walking on the street and turned into demons right in front of me. I couldn’t run away. I screamed for help but there were no one around. They said they wanted Tyler and Finn to feel the pain they had to go through when Tyler killed two of their powerful friends. I tried to kick and push them as the scary looking demons cornered me against a wall. I was about to get tied up when someone caught me in their arms, the person fought with the demons and helped me escape. When we finally got rid of Michael and stopped to rest beside a forest, I realized that the person was wearing a mask. I stepped towards him and tried to pull the mask off. He caught my hand and shook his head. He retreated backwards and disappeared in the forest behind us…….

“Bianca! Bianca! Are you okay?” I heard someone calling me in a loud voice, I woke up and sat up on the bed.

I placed a hand on my forehead as I thought about the dream. After a while, I looked around and saw Finn sitting in front of me, holding my shoulders, looking concerned, “what?” I asked him.

“You were screaming in the middle of the night! I called you so many times and you didn’t even respond to me!” he explained.

“Oh, sorry, I had a bad dream.” I apologized.

“It's fine, here,” he thre the pillow wall away and made me lie down beside him,his arms around my waist. “Better?”

“Better.” I mumbled, “Thank you,”