Chapter 13

I had no clue where we were. I just knew I was tied up with some rope and I was sitting on the floor of some basement. It was dark, and I was scared. I wasn't scared of them, but I was scared because I couldn't see my surroundings.

- Hey. -Reiner said while entering the small place with a candle.

He walked towards me and sat next to me. It made me remember when we were trainees. We would sit side by side outside and look at the sky and talk about our past. I can't belive I almost fell for him.

- Sorry for what happened. I didn't want to hurt you. -He said.

- Shut up! -I snap at him.- You killed all of Hanjis squad. You and Bertholdt almost killed us and they almost killed captain Levi and commander Erwin. And everyone except us died. And you didn't want to fucking hurt ME?!

- I know you're upset...

- Upset?! Reiner, what the fuck man?! Why didn't you tell us? Why didn't you tell me you're the armoured titan? What's your porpoise?

- I can't tell you! We are warriors. I wanted to talk with you, and that's why Bertholdt took you. But I never thought you would be such a... Such a bitch.

I stayed silent. I don't know what to say. He didn't look my way, and I didn't want to do the same. I can't belive he was so close to me before.

- I'm sorry. I'm sorry ______. -He said in a low and soothing voice.- We'll let you go. I just wanted to talk with you.

- I can't belive I didn't notice a thing. I didn't notice your lies. I thought I knew you well. -I say out loud, feeling my eyes get watery.- And that night you said it. And I still didn't do shit.

- If you knew that time... If you knew, would you have come with me? -He asked and I notice his eyes stay stiff on me.

- I d-don't know. -I answer unsure.

- The same answer. -He says and laughs lightly.

- I may have said yes. -I say then look at him.

- I don't think so. You liked everyone to much. -He says then he looks away.

- I liked you Reiner. I mean... You were the center of my world after my mother and sisters were murdered. And little by little I opened up to more people thanks to you and so I had a purpose in life. -I say while looking at him.- I wanted to be with you damn it!

- Why the fuck are you telling me this now?! -He yells at me.

- Because I recognized that until you left! And I hated you for that. -I tell him.

- I had to leave.

- I don't give a damn about that anymore. All I want is for this shit to stop! I want the titans to stop eating our people. I want us all to be fine, and finish this war. -I say angrily.

- It'll soon end. -He says and I wish for it to happen.

We didn't have nothing else to say. Soon I had a sack on my head, Bertholdt carrying me like a potato sack. You could totally see that I wasn't important for them. They could have taken Eren while we were all distracted. But I gess Bertholdt didn't have the energy, so instead he just granted Reiners wish.

- We'll see each other soon, I suppose. -Bertholdt said, and I assumed it was a "see you later".

- Try and not make me bleed next time. -I say sarcastically.

These assholes. I feel so frustrated with myself. Beeing so close to them, but so far away to kill them. I won't forgive them. They almost killed us, they almost killed captain. I'm still confused about that. Who was throwing those huge rocks?