Chapter 1

Eren was asleep for a whole day. He just woke up and captain went to his room. Mikasa seemed happy, and I was glad for that. Eren after talking went back to sleep and so everyone left him alone except Mikasa.

- Everyone is going to do five laps. -Captain says and he starts jogging.

We started following him and as we did, Armin seemed to stay behind. I started jogging slower until I was next to him. He must feel left out.

- You don't have to jog my pace. -He says.

- It's ok. This way I don't get so tired. -I say what is actually true.

- Thanks. -He says and we continue.

- Move it! -Captain yells at us while he was far ahead with the rest.- Imagine a big ass titan behind you! You guys would have been eaten by now! -He yells then makes a stop.

- Can you go a bit faster? -I ask Armin and he then starts jogging faster and so I follow.

- _______. Come here. -Captain calls me from where he was waiting.- Go ahead Armin. -He tells him and all I could see in Armins face was an "I'm sorry".- Why are you staying behind cadet?

- I got tired. -I lie to him.

- The only slowpoke here is Armin. We all know that.

- I just got tired captain.

- Your jogging with me staring today. If you lose my pace you'll have to clean the kitchen. -He says and starts jogging.

I found no reasonable explanation for this punishment. I'm not even sure it's a punishment. And now that I think of it... I'm jogging with him?! When I realized this I start getting nervous.

We catch up with Armin and little by little with the others. He then starts to go faster. It was more running then jogging. My legs started to burn and so I look at him. He had a small smile on his face, but his eyes were expressionless as ever.

- Stop looking at him and keep up! -Connie yells and I look back.

I shouldn't have done that because next thing I know is that I'm on the ground.

- You have to clean the kitchen. -Captain says and then I try and stand but my ankle and knee hurt really bad.

- Are you alright ______? -Jean asks me when he stands next to me.

- Keep going cadets. Unless all of you want to clean the kitchen. -He says and everyone go's back to jogging.

- Sorry girl. -Jean says and I look at him, trying to say it was alright.

- You two get along well. -Captain says when Jean leaves.

- Yeah, he's like a brother to me. -I tell him and I try getting up.

- What's the matter cadet? -He asks and I bet he knows why I can't stand.- Damn, why me? -He says irritated.

He suddenly picked me up from the ground like a potato sack, and took me back inside. At first my body was so tense, but each step he took made me calm down a bit. When we get to the girls room he places me on my bed and he checked my knee and ankle.

- I'm so sorry captain. -I tell him feeling ashamed and I notice he doesn't separate his hand from my knee.

- You'll be alright. I didn't have to carry you after all. -He says and hits my head.- Stupid.

- I'm sorry captain.

- Stop with that. Clean the kitchen after dinner. -He says then he left.

- Yes sir. -I say in a low voice and as I didn't have much to do, I felled asleep.