Chapter 1

“How much longer are you planning on lying there?” Kayla poked me with her fingernail and I flinched, opening my eyes only to be blinded by the bright sunlight.

“I’m tanning…” I groaned and covered my face.

“Yeah, while everyone else is happily splashing in the water! I’d skip on the skin cancer and spend some time with my friends if I were you.” She commented and I squinted, watching her apply some sun screen to her shoulders.

I chuckled, set up and reached for my Prada sunglasses. “If you are so smart, why aren’t you in there with them?” I bit.

“Jim and I are going to look for shells.” Kayla shrugged and showed me a small basket. “You go and have some fun, immediately.” She pointed her finger at me and skipped off towards Jimmy, who was patiently waiting for her by the water.

“Fine!” I gave in and tied the strings of my neon coral bikini before sauntering to the turquoise waters.

“Ooooh look who has decided to join us!” Sapphire lifted her head off the bright green mattress and smiled at my facial expression. “What’s up with you?” She laughed.

“It’s cold!” I cried when my toes went completely numb inside the icy water. “Can’t you guys come any closer?” I smirked, they were all pretty deep in.

“Nope, I don’t think so!” Matt teased me. “You come here!” He motioned for me to swim over. “Babe, tell her!” He turned his head aside to try and face Hayley, who had her limbs wrapped around his tattooed body while resting against his back.

“Si, Matt wants you to come play with us…” She mumbled against his back and put her back on his shoulder, sighing comfortably.

“I can’t swim!” I chirped. “As long as my feet can touch the bottom I’m fine!” I laughed, making Johnny crack up.

“Are you serious? You are barely thigh deep in!” He pointed to my legs. “Look over there-“ Johnny then pointed to the far left. “The only ones who are not deep in are mommies and the babies, you can go be with them then!” He smirked and swam off to where his girlfriend was calling him.

“Jerk!” I called as loudly as possible. “Guys…I mean in, what if I drown?” I pouted and took a few more steps towards them to the point where the waters were up to my chest.

“You’re not going to drown, it’s really shallow here.” Brian said to me, making me frown.

“Yeah when you’re 6 feet tall!” I complained and all Sapphire and Zack did was laugh at me. “Brian, come get me.” I mumbled pleadingly and after a few more minutes of me begging and his acting like a jackass, he gave in.

“Here, hop on.” Brian chuckled and turned his back to me so his could give me a piggy-back ride. “Sia, you’re choking me, relax!” He gasped when I held onto him a bit too tightly. “You’re not going to drown. And in case you somehow managed to, we’ll pull you straight out.” He tapped my leg.

“Sorry…” I mumbled and cuffed his shoulders instead. “You do realize that you’re stuck with me, right?” I laughed and jokingly poured sea water on his precious hair, which he styled with some sort of waterproof wax.

“Aww quit it!” He panicked, “Or I’ll shake you off!” He warned and I stopped immediately.

“You’re testy!” I commented. “Take me for a spin.” I then ordered.

“Anything else?” Brian turned his head and faced me, cocking an eyebrow.

“No, that’s pretty much it for now.” I grinned and he gave in and began slowly rowing around in the cool waters, which posed a soothing contrast to the hot sun that tickled my back.