count

2:11 PM // last day

"i'm gonna miss this place." ashton sighs, then takes a sip of his mango fruit shake.

"me too," michael says, "i've met so much hot girls here it's unbelievable." and as if on cue, a tall brunette passes by and winks at michael.

"damn it," calum sighs, causing us to avert our attention to him, "i can't forget about that mia girl."

we all glance at each other's reactions, grinning at ashton.

"alright, ash. looks like you owe each of us five dollars." luke laughs.

ashton groans at this, and calum looks confused.

"we made a bet against ashton, cal. we all knew that you weren't over with mia, and ashton thought otherwise," i look at ashton, "pay up, curly."

"i'll have to open my piggy bank for this." he mumbles, frowning.

"wait, mia?" jane pipes in, bringing her sunglasses down to her nose bridge, "calum didn't possibly tell her that she has nice nostrils, did he?"

"beautiful nostrils," the kiwi corrected, "and yes, that's her!" calum's tone is full of hope.

"no way! mia's my friend, and she talked about you in our group chat," jane laughs, "you want her number?"

"duh." calum scoffs.

yet again, jane is wonder woman.

"you're so great." luke grins at jane, causing jane to giggle. fucking sickening.

"i'll race ya to the sea!" she squeals, getting up from her beach towel. the three boys and i are just watching the two blonds.

"you're on!" luke says excitedly as he gets up, too, and they run at the same time.

unable to watch this, i look at the three boys to see that they're already looking at me.

"i'm gonna barf." ashton says, mimicking a disgusted face.

"he looks like a lovesick teen." calum remarks.

"are you okay, ky?" michael asks.

for a second, i was at loss for words, "u-uh, yeah, of course."

michael's eyes grow wide as he brings his gaze to the sea, "keep your eyes on us, ky. don't you fucking dare look at the sea." he warns me.

"why?" and being the incredibly stubborn girl that i am, i crane my neck and what i saw was enough to make me tear up.

"i told you not to." michael sighs, getting my beach bag and pulling out my pack of tissues, giving them to me.

jane and the man i love are kissing, right there, in the water.

i know that i shouldn't cry, because i've seen them kiss before, but this was a different feeling because ever since i was young, i wanted to experience kissing the man i love in the sea, where the cool ocean breeze would be in our hair as we hear waves making contact with the sand as we share a passionate kiss.

cheesy, i know. but i always imagined that man to be luke. and seeing him up close do it with another girl, hurts like hell.

the three boys knew that, of course. that's why michael warned me not to look. sucks to be me.

"hey, ky?" calum says.

"hmm?" i answer, fiddling with the tissue paper i had between my fingers.

"how long have you been loving him?"

his question catches me off guard, but i answer straight away even though it pained me to do so. it was as if i was programmed to.

"1,153 days."

the boys keep quiet at this, they exchange glances, and i know they look disappointed.

"when do you plan on stopping?" ashton asks.

i look over to where luke is, to see him still kissing the woman he's loved since high school. i look back at the three boys and smile.

"when i forget how to count."

ItS thERE ohmy this ends in about three chapters plus an epilogue LMAO EVEN IM NOT READY

- au