dare

8:19 PM

"this is nice." ashton nods, looking around and smiling at us. we are currently in front of the sea, the five of us surrounding a bonfire.

"here comes the booze!" michael shouts, seeing calum and luke carrying two coolers which contains beer and ice.

11:45 PM

"let's play truth or dare!" calum shrieks. a hard drinker, this one.

"i'm iiiin." michael slurs.

we get one of the empty beer bottles, and place it on top of one of the coolers, and ashton spins it.

it lands on calum, and his face lights up once it does, "dare." he grins.

"oh, i got this one!" luke exclaims, "i dare you to tell that girl over there that she's got beautiful nostrils." luke points to one girl seated at the tiki bar.

"what the fuck," calum laughs, "i'll do it."

moments later, calum returns with a piece of tissue with a phone number of someone named mia, "cha-ching." he smirks.

ashton spins it again, and it lands on luke.

"fuck." luke sighs, shaking his head "dare."

"me," michael says, grinning, "i'll do this one."

i have a bad feeling about this.

"luke, i dare you to kiss ky on the lips. just a peck." michael says smirking, obviously proud of his dare.

"oh no." i shake my head.

"c'mon," michael says, "it's not like you're gonna pash."

"would that be alright with you, ky?" luke says, still in disbelief because of the dare.

no, because if you kiss me i might cry and if i cry, i'll crumble in front of you. i wouldn't want to kiss you knowing that being that close to you would be because of a dare. no, because i want to kiss you because you want to, too. not just for the sake of this stupid game.

"sure, go ahead, it's just a kiss." i laugh, pretending to be drunk.

i hear a series of hooting and clapping as luke leans closer to me.

the lips i've been dreaming to touch mine for as long as i can remember.

i feel the warmth of his lips on mine, but before i was able to savor the moment, his lips are gone.

"never doing that again," he chuckles, "right, ky?"

"totally. i'm gonna need some soap for my mouth later." i laugh with him, take my phone out from my pocket and text michael.

to: who is this

fuck you

i received a reply after a few minutes:

from: who is this

ure welcome bubba

i still feel the warmth of his lips despite the cold night.

Im sad

- autumn