The Lecture's Footnotes

Ok guys so first of all I got to say thanks for all the support! Homophobia is almost at 1.5K reads! Like I actually never thought that that would happen! I'm so happy and surprised with all of this and it's so overwhelming so rn I'm just going to tell you guys how I came up with all of the characters that I added in this book and the last one and give you quick descriptions of each one.

-Randy and Rachel Friar
  -Randy has been struggling financially ever since his company fired him 2 years ago after they moved him to New York. He has made a new NOLA themed restaurant to try and bring in some cash, but it hasn't worked well. He has a good heart but is getting short tempered because cash is spreading so thin.
  -Rachel is a simple southern girl who was taught that skinny girls got married, white was better than black, boys belonged with girls and women cooked, cleaned and took care of the children. She could probably become a waitress and help Randy make some money but she refuses to do so because it wasn't how she was raised. She loves her children until they cease to uphold her values. Then they are dead to her. She's the true brains of the friar operation considering how her husband is to afraid to stand up to her. At least, for now.
  -Lucas never really had that much of a family story. In these books I thought about how Lucas behaves and it seems like he's been brought up in a strict environment with somewhat struggling parents. I also wanted the bad guy to be unexpected. In the first book we all see mrs. Friar as the helpless housewife who lives in fear, but in the second book it is revealed that she is not as sweet as she seems. I casted these two by looking through a face claim book. When I saw Karla I knew she had to be Mrs. Friar. She had the perfect tiny, weak body for Rachel but still the sexual appeal I guess. Idk. Joseph definitely wasn't what I was thinking for Randy. I was thinking a long haired muscular guy who seemed to demand power but something kept drawing me back to my beautiful Klaus. I felt like he could still pass as the kind that comes home drunk every night and throws plates around plus I love tvd(even though I'm only on season 4)

-Sam
-Sam is the innocent sexy gym boy that we all want in our lives. I actually think that I wrote him like a massive body builder in the first few chapters but that's ok because I'm too lazy to rewrite it. He seems to come from a good family who is fine with him being out. Whether that's true idk. I might address it I might not. These next two books are gonna be pretty filled with Charlie's huge family and all of Josh's frat friends but I might give him more screen time. I thought up Sam because I thought he could really emphasize how often Zay went to the gym and how much time he spent there.

-Erin Babineaux
-This lady breaks my heart. She has two kids and a dead husband and she still tries to smile. She does everything she can to help her kids and will always put them before herself. She is struggling and she doesn't hide it from her kids. Instead she keeps hope hoping that her kids will do the same. I'm pretty sure fates will change for her soon. When I was casting her I looked through so many face claim books. I wanted someone who was thin and looked like she was struggling but powering through. I hope that I did her justice.

-David Friar and Kelsey Babineaux
  -Not gonna lie I made up David and Kelsey because I saw face claims and knew that I wanted them in my book. I made up the entire love story just based off of the actors. I loved my babysitter's a vampire and the longest ride so much! So we probably won't be seeing too much of them anymore, sorry.

-Kayla Babineaux
  -I actually have no idea whether we will see anymore of her. She's really there because i thought that she would make Zay seem like the father type.

-Nico Smackle
  -Nico has been raised in a perfect family. From a young age he has been told to not drink or do drugs but the main rule was to not get anyone pregnant this rule Nico followed all of his mother's rules with ease. His sister Jessica... not so much.
  -I made Nico so that Smackle wouldn't be alone while she learned more and more about her lost sister. I chose Noah to play him because there are tons of pictures of him and Cecilia together.

-Asher Garcia
  -I put Asher in because I really wanted to connect him into the story since GMW didn't. Also larkle hadn't had any conflict what so ever so I had to give them something to overcome as much as it pained me.

-Jacob Caliph
-Jacob was made an official named character here because whenever I thought about that fake ID scene I kept picturing Daniel's face. Plus I felt like Josh needed someone to talk to about maya. Although, more of his friends will come to be sympathetic to his cause.

-Carl Stevenson
-Carl is a bit of a nerd but he hangs with the right people so girls still like him. He tutors girls in many ways but at the end of the day is a romantic just looking for someone special to hold in his arms at night
  -Why? Because 13 reasons why. Because CLANNAH. Because wallows. Because Dylan Minnette. Also Josh needs friends.

-Jason Commers
-Jason believes in love but isn't necessarily looking for it. He thinks that if love is the path he's meant to go down than it will come to him.
  -Same as above, but also because I feel that Devin Druid has such a bad label as Tyler Down and I wanted to make him a good guy.

-Michael Chandler
-Micheal just follows the party. Now the party usually leads to pretty white girls who don't like "the vibes he gives off" which he takes to mean the darkness of his skin, but there comes a time in the night that college girls don't see the color of a guys skin. Just the size of his dick. And that's when Michael can finally get his chance.
-Because Dead of Summer ended too soon and I love Joel with all of my heart plus josh needed a black friend.

-Matt Flannery
-Matt is the guy who thought he would never fall in love. That was until he met Erica. Now this fuck boy is on the brink of being a full on hopeless romantic.
  -because Jessica and Justin are meant to be, duh(omg help im obsessed). Also because I wanted the fourth book to involve some of Josh's college friends and have them trying to figure things out too.

-James Carlyle
  -The ultimate fuckboy. Girls worship the ground he walks on. They all throw themselves at him. He never complained though.
  -Because he's a god and I love my Alex Powell with all of my heart

-Caleb Miller
-one of Josh's childhood best friends. He helps him through everything. Quite popular with the ladies
-because he deserved better(I almost named a character Jeff Atkins but then I realized that was a 13rw character)

-Jeremy Montel
  -went to summer camp with James and soon to be introduced Kira(played by Paulina Singer) much like Carl in the way that he is a nerd and a player
  -because blotter is amazing and I love him more than anything.and ugh

-Jeff Briggs
-Matt's best friend since childhood. Helps drunk girls get home. Sometimes his home sometimes theirs; it kind of just depends on how generous he's feeling
-Because Zach Because Reggie Because Brett Because Spencer Because why not?

-Erica Johnson
  -Erica sometimes called Eric is another one of Josh's childhood friends along with Carl and Caleb. She is one of the guys and after seeing her parents' bloody divorce she has never ever believed in love, at least not for a worthless girl like her. The only one she will ever confess her self doubt to is Josh. Will she finally open up? Potentially even to love?
  -because she's georgeous

Hope you enjoyed getting to know the characters and comment if you want me to put another part giving a brief-non spoiling description of the book three characters. Hope you liked it! Xoxo -Emma