The Sibling

Lucas's POV
I was sitting on the couch in my living room watching some dumb tv show about who knows what when the mail came. I was the only one home so I got the happy job of sorting it all. It was mainly bills and magazines(maybe if we didn't get these many magazines we wouldn't have this many bills) until my hands landed on a thin white envelope. to:Lucas Friar from: David Friar it was my brother. No. I couldn't open it. Not without Farkle. I pulled out my phone and texted him.

Farkle's POV
I felt my phone buzz as I sat in the classroom
Lucas-meet me before school tomorrow. We need to talk.
Farkle-yea of course. What's going on?
Lucas-I'll tell you tomorrow.
Was something wrong? Was he ok? Were we ok? The wait was killing me. Soon enough class was over "you wanna go out?" Zay asked. I nodded; I needed something to get my mind off of Lucas. "Really?" Zay asked in disbelief, "that's great!" He finished gathering all of his things and pulled me out of the building. He took me down the city, stopping at various restaurants and shops. I stopped in each one and talked to someone who worked there. These people are so happy with so little. It made me more conscious to what I do have. They welcomed me. They made me feel like a king. These people were saints. After an hour or so we headed back to Zay's for the night. "Who's this?" I asked, pointing at a picture of a teenage girl "my sister." He replied. "Kayla?" "No. Her name is Kelsey. She lives in Texas." I nodded. "Why did you move to New York?" "Well, my dad was the one making money in Texas and once he died there was just no reason to stay." "So not the same as Lucas." "I guess not." He turned out the light and we went to sleep.

Lucas's POV
I woke up got ready and grabbed my white envelope on the way out of the door. "Hey!" I said once I reached Riley's. "Hey." Farkle responded. "Let's go." I told him and we left the others. "What's wrong Lucas?" He asked. I didn't answer. Once we got into the school I sat down at the Abigail Adams bay window and showed him the envelope. "It's from my brother." I told him. "Ok why does everyone have these mysterious siblings I never knew about? Wait what does it say?" He asked. "I don't know." I told him, "I didn't wanna open it without you." "Awe" he said squeezing my knee, "I'm always here for you. Now open it!" I did as told being extra careful not to rip anything. I unfolded the paper and began to read.
Dear Lucas,
     How are you man? I seriously miss you. I'm sorry I haven't contacted you before now but it took a while for dad to let out your address. I'm sorry I can't be there to see you in your teen years. I'm sure it's quite an entertaining train wreck. Seriously though, I'd really like you to come down and visit me in Texas bro. Bring Zay and all your new friends. I wanted to see you the last time you were in town but I was out on business. I hope mom and dad aren't giving you too much trouble in the big apple. Call me some time. My number is (713) 615-8738. Hope to see you soon
Best wishes,
Your annoying older brother, David.

Zay's POV
I asked Farkle to take care of my tutoring and teaching today so that I could do my baseball tryouts and then get some good time in at the gym. I'd figure out some other schedule once I got on the team. I headed into the gym for a few hours before going to school. I knew I would really need it today. I walked into the school to be stopped by Farkle "where were you?" He whispered, "the gym?" "Farkle i need to get to class" I said and shoved passed him. He rubbed his shoulder in pain. I'd apologize later.

Farkle's POV
I forgot about my slight pain and headed over to Lucas. "So you gonna take him up on his offer?" "I don't know." He sighed. "You should at lease call him." "I don't know Farkle I mean he abandoned me. How do I get past that?" "No one says you have to Lucas! But if I were you I'd give him a chance you know, hear him out."

Song-"Lucie Too" by Now, now