Romeo and Juliet

"Get up! You're going to be late on the first day of school!" My mom yells at me while snatching away the blankets exposing me to the cold air. I groan into the pillow and get up rubbing my eyes. Today is the first day of senior year and I'm not very excited. Let's just say I don't roll with the cool crowd. I don't really have many friends and no one notices me. I actually don't mind it though. The less friends you have, the less bullshit you have to deal with right?

I look at myself in the mirror and scrunch my nose. I brush my teeth and hop into the shower. Once I'm out, I pick out a nice outfit; a cute maroon peplum top and black tights. I slip on my white converse and grab an apple. "Bye mom!" I call before shutting the door close.

I get inside my Mini Cooper Convertible and put on some music. It's not the best car in the world but I really  like it. I click shuffle play and unpredictable by 5SOS comes on. My music taste is mostly pop and R&B. I'm not a huge fan of rap music but I listen to it time to time.

I pull up to school and park my car. I walk into the doors and my best friend Alessia comes up to hug me. "Dani, I haven't seen you in ages!!!" She squeals. "We just saw each other last week." I snicker at her excitement. "It's been forever." She says walking up to her locker and I follow her. Alessia has straight dark brown hair with light green eyes. She's a girly girl like me but we don't show up to school in a face full of makeup and mini skirts. We keep our fashion outside of school.

"What classes do you have?" She asks me as I pull my schedule out of my bag. "Um, I have English, Math, Drama, and Chemistry. What do you have?" I say peering at her schedule. "Biology, Math, Product Design, and English." She says smiling. "We only have math class together. Damn it!" I groan stomping my feet like a child.

"Who's that?" Alessia asks me looking over to a guy in a black leather jacket with his mouth attached to a girl. "I don't know. He's probably new because I've never seen him before. Plus, he's sucking face with a girl already." I state rolling my eyes looking at the boy with brown hair and brown eyes. He's actually kind of cute and that's rare for me to say because I don't pay too much attention to boys. Boys don't notice me so I don't take too much notice into them either.

The bell rings and everyone scatters to their classes. I sigh and make my way over to English class. I take the seat at the back near the window. I don't really like the front since all the weird people sit there.

The teacher enters the classroom and everyone takes their seats. He takes attendance and talks about his boring summer break and how he dropped his phone in the toilet.

Someone opens the door and everyone's eyes are on the new kid. It's the same boy I saw making out with another girl. "Why are you late?" The teacher cocks an eyebrow at him. He smirks and replies "I'm new and got lost." Lies. He was making out with someone. He walks over to the back of the class and takes a seat in the desk next to me. I shift in my seat and look straight ahead. "What's your name?" The teacher asks with no expression. "Caleb. Caleb Ryder." He says winking at one of the girls. Gag.

"We are having a project." The teacher announces and the whole class groans. "And I'm picking the pairs." The class groans louder at his second comment and this time I groan as well. "You guys will be doing a sequel to Romeo and Juliet. You guys will be asked to act out a new ending to the story. Now let me assign your pairs." He explains and I put my head in my hands. This isn't even English. This is Drama. "Ashley and Sarah." The teacher starts and the girls wink at each other. I don't know anyone in the class so I'm alone. I wonder who I'm going to be paired with. Please don't be a weird boy. "Daniella and Caleb." He says and I freeze. Are you serious? I glance at Caleb and he catches my eye. "Are you Daniella?" He says staring at me. I nod my head and weakly smile at him. The bell rings and everyone rushes out of the class,