Chapter 16-Edited

Chapter 16

Elizabeth's POV

It's finally Friday and I can feel my nerves increasing. Emily has been with me all day helping me get ready, but I really don't think I can do this. I'm going to be meeting my future pack members, and I want to make a really good impression.

"Elizabeth, please calm down. Everything will be ok! You are worrying way too much," Emily says while trying to pick a dress for me to wear.

"I'm sorry, I'm just not good with large crowds and stuff."

"Just take a few deep breaths. You were born to be a Luna. Everything will come to you naturally."

I sigh and fall back onto my bed with a groan. I wish I could be calm, but all I want to do is run for the hills and never come back. Annabel growls in my head at that.

"I don't actually mean that, Belle." I say with an eye roll. She can be so silly sometimes. I would never leave my mate, unless I had to to protect him or the pack.

We still have about an hour and a half before the actual ceremony starts. I'm glad Emily already did my makeup, so now I just need to do something with my hair and pick an outfit.

"Instead of moaning and groaning, how about you get your hair done?"

"I'm too tired," I whine with a small pout.

"Don't make me come over there and get you out of bed," Emily says with a warning tone. I instantly get out of bed. Yesterday when I didn't want to get up, she literally picked me up, threw me over her shoulder, walked to the pool that I didn't know was here, and then threw me in.

She didn't even apologize! She just smirked and said that's what I get for not listening.

I go over to my mirror and grab a brush. As I'm coming through my hair, I start to think of what I want to do with my hair.

"Do you have any preferences of color for your dress?" Emily asks from somewhere in my closet.

"No, pick whatever color you want. As long as the dress isn't hideous, I'm fine with whatever you pick," I say in a joking tone. Emily is obsessed with fashion and clothes, and I know that she would never let me wear anything that looks awful.

"I have a great taste in fashion, and I've never picked anything that looks bad!" She yells. She sounds a little upset.

"Oh, ok, my bad." I try not to laugh, but apparently I failed because the next thing I know, a pillow hit me on the back of my head.

"What was that for?"

"For saying that I would pick something ugly for you to wear."

"Ok, I'm sorry. It won't happen again," I say with a laugh as I rub the back of my head.

"It better not!"

*

*

*

It's finally time for me to meet the pack. My heart is beating so fast, and I'm worried that it's going to jump out of my chest and onto the ground.

'There's no reason to be nervous' I mumble to myself while trying to calm down. This pack is not like my old pack. Besides, Ryder would protect me if anything happened.

I smooth out my dress while admiring it. Emily did a great job picking it out, and I'm glad she was there to help me with everything. The dress I'm wearing is a plain emerald green dress with a sweetheart neckline. The dress matches my eyes, and it goes about an inch below my knees. The top part is fitted perfectly with my body shape, but the bottom flows out. For shoes, I'm wearing black flats, and I'm really happy because I can't really walk in high heels. My hair is in curls, and my makeup is pretty simple. All in all, I think I look pretty good.