Chapter Twenty-Two

Calum's POV

Warning: verY VERY SHORT

~

Fuck, I miss him. I miss him a lot.

I never intended to angrily walk out of the hospital room and leave him there. I was in the as they call "moment."

We hadn't called or talked in 3 weeks; every time I pick up my phone to say "I'm sorry I yelled at you" I get nervous.

I'm not one to get nervous, never will and never have been, but it was stopping me.

"Oh no, does Calum miss his wittle Lukey?"

"Literally shut the fuck up." I thought as I slammed my phone on my leather couch, the sound of leather hitting my iPhone echoed through the room.

I felt as if saying that I noticed his weight loss made him either hate me or more insecure about himself in general.

Mali told me a few weeks ago that secrets in relationships only make it fall apart quicker. I knew now that she was right; at the time I thought it was a giant load of bullshit.

He deserved to know; didn't he? He has his demons and I have mine.

What's wrong with letting him know? Would he think I was some insane freak?

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing. If all odds were against me, it would've been Luke telling me that we needed to breakup.

Three rings passed until I hesitantly picked up.

"H-hello?"

Oh god.

"Uh, hi? Who is this?"

I mentally face palmed. "There's something called caller ID," I said to myself. "Don't be so stupid."

"I-it's Luke."

Fuck.

"Oh."

A long breathy sigh came out the other end as well as slight sniffling.

"I-I understand if you don't want to talk to me it's just-"

"No! I was just surprised.."

A faint "oh" breathed into the phone as he continued talking. I felt like shit not saying anything to him for three weeks. What person in the right mind does that?

"Hey, uh."

"What?"

"I kinda need to see and talk to you soon, if you want to..."

My heart was thumping as seconds passed by, his breath started to pick up a little as he answered.

"T-that's what I want to talk about."

Shit.

"I-I need to, I guess show you something." He responded. "I've wanted to for so long but I saw scared and I can't function and I'm sorry-"

It's almost as if my heart shattered into a million tiny little pieces.

"Shhh, it's going to be okay, alright? Stay with me."

I tried to swallow the big lump in my throat. Hearing Luke want to cry is the worst.

His eyes become watery, his words stutter and I can't live seeing him like that.

"I-I'm sorry..."

"About what? There's nothing to be sorry about."

"I-I'm sorry about everything Calum. I-I'm such a crybaby and I know boys don't cry but it's just-"

"Who told you that? Crying is human. Not something only girls do."

I started tearing up myself; no one deserves think that.

"M-my dad has did- I mean has."

"When can I see you again? Please I need to tell you something too.."

Five seconds passed by (hehe) before he said something.

"E-Emilia wants me to go somewhere tomorrow, c-can we do it on Thursday?"

I answered back with a determined "yes".

"S-see you then I guess."

"Hey." I blurred out.

"W-what?"

"I love you."

"L-love you too."

He hung up after that.

Here goes nothing.

A/N

Hehe next chapter is the last ( not like anyone cares but oh whales)

😊🖤