Pushing Them Away

-Shane's POV-

I rose to my feet, being blinded by the sliver of light that shone through the small crack in the walls of where I was being held.

I stumbled a few steps forward and fell against the wall.

"Stop trying to move," An ominous voice sounded not too far away, "You're only going to hurt yourself."

"Who are you?" I asked the darkness around me, "What do you want?"

“I want to know why the game failed, Shane. Why the same YouTubers weren’t killed like they should've been!"

“How the hell do you know my name?”

“I know who you are, where you work, and everyone around you.”

“What do you want from me?” I questioned again.

“To explain to me why the game failed, after all that hard work.” They snarled at me, "They were supposed to die! But they all fucking escaped and lived! Everyone but one of our own!"

“I don’t know!” I said, and I began to sob quietly, “Y-you’re him, aren't you?"

“Yes, Shane. I am."

“What are you going to do to me?” I inquired.

I heard the floors creak as he approached me, "Well...I'm going to use you as bait. So all of the YouTubers can finally get what they deserve. And once they're gone, like they should've been the first time, I won't need you anymore. And you're smart enough to know what that means..."

-Anthony's POV-

I was sitting at the dining room table, staring at the wall. Since Ian's death, I haven't really been motivated to do much anything. The only thing keeping me from doing something I would most likely regret was my friends.

The front door of my house clicked open and sunlight flooded in. I turned my head to see Rachael walk in.

"Good to see you're out of bed," She greeted as she closed the door behind her. I was in the kitchen sitting at the table, grasping a coffee mug. A coffee mug not containing coffee, but whiskey. She came over to the table and sat in the chair adjacent to mine. “How are you today?”

Nothing, I said nothing. I was so far in shock that I couldn’t utter a single word out of my mouth. At the funeral I was able to conversate. Maybe it was because I had to look alright in front of other people. But now nothing, it was like my brain took control over me, it told my mouth not to speak, and it did as my mind commanded.

She sighed, "I get it's hard, Anthony. But you really need to stop moping around." She smirked, "And I know that isn’t coffee," She took the coffee mug out of my hands. "You can't drink away your sorrows. Trust me, I've already tried that," She chuckled a bit as she set the mug far away from my reach.

I gave a faint smile, but eventually it came to an end. I knew that drinking away my problems would never help, but it numbed the pain. The pain that left dark thoughts in my head. Thoughts of if Luke actually did kill Ian, and if was he the same person that forced Shane into hiding. The dark thoughts turned into a passion, a passion that needed to be expressed, followed out, and completed.

Her small smile faded too, "Anthony, I hate seeing you like this. You need to get out. Come back." She begged, taking my hands in hers and squeezing them, "Ian wouldn't want you to be like this."

“How do you know what Ian wanted me to be like?” I snapped at her.

She slipped her hands out of the hold and leaned back in her seat, "I...I..."